Sprint ST (new rim stripes)

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
As many of you may remember, I sold my 04 FZ6 and bought an 08 Sprint ST a few months ago. I am really enjoying the bike and just made a slight modification to my rims. I think the red stripes and "Triumph Sprint ST" decals offset the black rims really well. I'm really still enjoying the bike!
PS.. New levers are on the way too :rockon:
Ride safe out there.:thumbup:

A few pics of course:

Bike before new rim stripes:
picture.php

picture.php

New rim stripes:
picture.php

picture.php

And the full view for good measure:D:
picture.php

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good .... the red adds a bit of splash and it goes well with the gray/silver body work.

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
^+1
yep looks great. good job. how long did it take u? It took me almost an hour to do mine. but that includes cleaning both sides of the rims.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
It probably took me about an hour. Took my time and really tried to get it right....not to mention my 10 yr old was riding laps around me in the garage on her bike and bouncing a basketball at the same time lol...kids.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do you like the bike in terms of comfort, power, in the corners etc compared to the fz6? i always loved the sprint st's great looking bikes. any heat issues?

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
How do you like the bike in terms of comfort, power, in the corners etc compared to the fz6? i always loved the sprint st's great looking bikes. any heat issues?

POSITION/ COMFORT: The seating position on the Sprint is not as upright as the FZ, but it's still set for touring and not as sporty as a "normal" sportbike. The upright position of the FZ6 always gave me fits which caused me to switch to FZ1 bars. I'm 6'3 and the riding position on the Sprint is good for me. I've ridden for 2-3 hours with no issues. Stock seat on the bike is better than the FZ stocker, but it still could be much better.

POWER: Power is ridiculous compared to the FZ6. The 1050cc triple is smooth and the sound is awesome. There are often times I don't need to change gears...I just reach for more throttle. 75mph in 3rd feels normal with no buzz or strain at all. I've only been above 3rd gear a few times :D

CORNERS/ ETC: I have yet to really put the bike through its paces in the twisties, but it feels like its sporty posture can handle it with no problems. It is heavier than the FZ6 but it's smooth and not cumbersome through the gearbox or in its onroad stance. I have no desire to get a knee down...so it fits me well.

HEAT: The bike also comes stock with hard bags...but I hardly run with them. I heard these bikes had a heat problem at one time, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary (may have been pre-08). The underseat exhaust presents the same issues/ challenges as on the FZ6 sometimes, but nothing thats unbearable...not to mention the sexy single sided swingarm cancels out any heat problems(if they did arise :thumbup:)

Hope I answered all the questions.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great mate! Always liked the Sprints. In the distant future, I think I'll plan a motorcycle tour of the UK and want to rent one of these to do the job.:thumbup:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
POSITION/ COMFORT: The seating position on the Sprint is not as upright as the FZ, but it's still set for touring and not as sporty as a "normal" sportbike. The upright position of the FZ6 always gave me fits which caused me to switch to FZ1 bars. I'm 6'3 and the riding position on the Sprint is good for me. I've ridden for 2-3 hours with no issues. Stock seat on the bike is better than the FZ stocker, but it still could be much better.

POWER: Power is ridiculous compared to the FZ6. The 1050cc triple is smooth and the sound is awesome. There are often times I don't need to change gears...I just reach for more throttle. 75mph in 3rd feels normal with no buzz or strain at all. I've only been above 3rd gear a few times :D

CORNERS/ ETC: I have yet to really put the bike through its paces in the twisties, but it feels like its sporty posture can handle it with no problems. It is heavier than the FZ6 but it's smooth and not cumbersome through the gearbox or in its onroad stance. I have no desire to get a knee down...so it fits me well.

HEAT: The bike also comes stock with hard bags...but I hardly run with them. I heard these bikes had a heat problem at one time, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary (may have been pre-08). The underseat exhaust presents the same issues/ challenges as on the FZ6 sometimes, but nothing thats unbearable...not to mention the sexy single sided swingarm cancels out any heat problems(if they did arise :thumbup:)

Hope I answered all the questions.

i would love to have one, i came so close to picking one up a year ago. i love that color you got, maybe one day lol.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i like the stripes but i like the sprint st even more:BLAA:

on a side note: would you find it appropriate for daily use in the city or it would be quite cumbersome?

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
on a side note: would you find it appropriate for daily use in the city or it would be quite cumbersome

I ride it in DC sometimes and it doesn't feel cumbersome to me (I'm a big guy though). I always felt like the FZ6 was just a bit small for me (I mean the frame)

I also don't ride much with the hard bags on, but I can imagine that might make it seem a bit "bigger" or "cumbersome" maybe. The hard bags are handy, but you can't fit a full face helmet in them...not sure who designed them, but they were not very bright).

The bike is a good ride in the city, highway or smaller twisty roads. Really good all-round bike, just like the FZ6, but with less buzz and more power etc.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
The hard bags are handy, but you can't fit a full face helmet in them...not sure who designed them, but they were not very bright).

That's odd. The description online specifically mentions that you can fit a full helmet in the saddle bags. Perhaps it's just the model helmet you have chosen or the size helmet you wear.

If I got one of these, I'd definitely want the tail hard case to charge stuff and provide a backrest for the passenger. Looks like a great touring bike to ride 2 up!

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Hmmm. That's odd. Maybe it's just my year model. I've tried every angle to get that helmet in there and secured...it doesn't fit. Maybe they changed the bags between year models or maybe my helmet is just too big lol.