Soupy's FZ6 Lowering Link Kit (All Years)?

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone install the Soupy's FZ6 Lowering Link Kit? If so, are there any issues installing it? Here's the link: Soupy's Yamaha FZ6 Lowering Link

soupys%2520lowering%2520link.JPG

Last edited:

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't even seen this before. I would love to get my bike a half inch lower so I could actually fully reach the ground, but I've gotten pretty comfortable tip-toeing it.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
There's a pretty easy mod (if you have access to a mill/drill press/tap)

You can shorten the lower piece (that this part replaces) a couple of MM, deepen the hole and re-tap it and it does the same thing as this (rather expensive) part.

There's a thread somewhere here detailing it that I remember coming across last year, but I couldn't point you to it now.

GrayHatPaul

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the Soupy's lowering link a few weeks ago and had it installed by my local bike dealer last week. The shipping was rather fast from Michigan to PA, I had it in a few days. I also ordered the adjustable aluminum kickstand from Soupy's at the same time, the total came to $232 for both parts (including the $14 in shipping).

The shop gave me some grief since I didn't order it though them. They have a new policy since the beginning of the year to order parts for the customer so they can vet the product/vendor to see if the part is quality or not. They want to make sure that anything installed by them is safe and they are able to stand behind the install work. Check with your shop to see if this is an issue for you too.

So after the senior tech gave his okay (he has heard of the method that Soupy's is using to lower the rear but had never installed one), they begrudgingly decided to attempt the install on my behalf.

The result was nice, it did come down about an inch or just more, I didn't take seat/tail height measurements prior to install. But it definitely feels better and I can now almost flat foot on both sides where before it was more tip toes when walking the bike backwards.

They claim that they had to slightly modify the kickstand to work with the stock pivot bolt, not sure what they did there.

Note about Soupy's: Do not expect any customer service, the parts came with no instruction, just a packing slip. I emailed Mike (Soupy) and asked him how much I should lower the front suspension to keep the rake standard, never got a response.

From other posts, I thought it should be about 8-10mm in the triple trees and thats about what it came to. Yamaha dealer told me they lowered it to maintain stock rake/trail measurements. No difference to me in the turn in radius or riding experience except for the you can feel the weight of the bike more now that the center of gravity is lower.

All in all I am very happy with the upgrades as I feel more capable of maneuvering the bike in the parking lot.

I also just installed a Puig racing screen and a Two Brothers carbon fiber Black series exhaust (woot woot), can wait to get out there and tear it up!

Let me know if you are interested in my experiences with the other upgrades.