Someone attempted to steal my FZ6

13nick31

Reaction score
Visit site
They probably brought baseball bats to make sure he couldn't steal one again.

I park mine at my apartment complex and some ********** parked his dumb BMW in the same spot with it the other day. I was pissed. He got a 24 hour notice or his car would get towed + a lease violation so if he does it again he'll get kicked out of the complex.

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/983666_10100219095647679_8218427282771454279_n.jpg[IMG][/quote]

You know what BMW stands for? Break My Window.
Hopefully he does it one more time so you can laugh at him as he's kicked out.

[quote="VEGASRIDER, post: 582680"]Apartment complexes are one of the best places to steal a motorcycle if they are parked outside. I live in an apartment complex myself, but I make sure I also have a garage that comes with it too.[/quote]

Yeah, which is exactly why we're going to be moving into a condo/apartment with a garage come July.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Reading stuff like this makes me remember why I am content being underpaid so I can work in a rural business park instead of a big city.

I may bring home 30-40% less than my big city equivalents but I own a home with a mortgage that is less than most 1-bed apartments cost to rent and don't have to worry about theft. It's so dark and quiet at night out here in the sticks even a ninja would have trouble stealing my bike without alerting my dog, my motion sensor lights or my 12 gauge.

13nick31

Reaction score
Visit site
Reading stuff like this makes me remember why I am content being underpaid so I can work in a rural business park instead of a big city.

I may bring home 30-40% less than my big city equivalents but I own a home with a mortgage that is less than most 1-bed apartments cost to rent and don't have to worry about theft. It's so dark and quiet at night out here in the sticks even a ninja would have trouble stealing my bike without alerting my dog, my motion sensor lights or my 12 gauge.

You're telling me.

I was born and raised "in the country" in Ohio. I moved up to Ann Arbor, Michigan with my gf of 4+ years last July. Everything thing is so expensive in a large city. I definitely don't miss where I was in Ohio. Loved the freedom.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the Scorpion model alarms as Cliff mentioned.

When activated, ALL (not he headlights) the lights flash, the horn goes off and you can wire it to disable the ignition. Besides that, it does page you, within a half mile or so and does have a bult in battery back up available. You can adjust the sensitivity, how close someone come come to the bike before it'll chip (and alert you), etc.

With your circumstances, two things,

Make a police report so the local Officers working the area can spend some more time out there when things are slow (and their NOT stealing other bikes as most/if not all of them are theives anyway:rolleyes:)

With that report, contact management and should you wish to get out of that lease earlier, it may help in doing so...

Last edited:

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm only about 30 miles north of you I think. My rent is 2200/mo for a 2 bedroom. How's that for expensive as anything?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm only about 30 miles north of you I think. My rent is 2200/mo for a 2 bedroom. How's that for expensive as anything?

The house I could afford to buy for $2200/mo mortgage down here would probably be on 20+ acres with a barn and 5 car garage!

My house isn't anything special, standard 3 bedroom rancher on 2 acres with a finished basement but my mortgage + escrow is only $820/month :thumbup:

Arlington is about 40 miles NW of me but would probably take me 2 hours to get to on a commute. Some of my neighbors actually make that drive daily! :eek:

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
983666_10100219095647679_8218427282771454279_n.jpg

Is that a madstad windscreen? If so, worth it?

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that a madstad windscreen? If so, worth it?

Yeah its a Madstad. I like it a lot - I do tons of highway miles to and from work and have ridden from Alexandria - Newport News, VA (about a 170 mile trip each way?). I think its worth it. Blocks tons of wind and makes it a lot easier to just sit back and cruise and not worry about wind blast. Pretty quiet too - the only thing I hear is my two brothers exhaust.

04FZSick

Reaction score
Visit site
Some of these apartment payments are making me sick. I'm 24 and my wife and I just purchased our first home. Its a 4 bedroom house siting on 1.6acres and a shop with a 3 car garage and our mortgage payment is significantly less! Anyway its sitting in a pretty nice neighborhood but wouldnt you know it, one night I was cleaning out the garage and some cracked out looking dude walks in drunk and starts asking if he can put his junk cars in my shop. I politely refuse and he shows up later when me and some friends are grilling and I had to ask him to leave.... Needs some heavier duty locks for the garage now......

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of these apartment payments are making me sick. I'm 24 and my wife and I just purchased our first home. Its a 4 bedroom house siting on 1.6acres and a shop with a 3 car garage and our mortgage payment is significantly less! Anyway its sitting in a pretty nice neighborhood but wouldnt you know it, one night I was cleaning out the garage and some cracked out looking dude walks in drunk and starts asking if he can put his junk cars in my shop. I politely refuse and he shows up later when me and some friends are grilling and I had to ask him to leave.... Needs some heavier duty locks for the garage now......

These are the reasons it took me a year to find my first house! I refused to live in a subdivision or on a busy road. I had 100's of subdivision homes in my price range but settled for a smaller house on a nice sized lot with no HOA and no neighbors close enough to see me taking a leak in the backyard! :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Or a big friggin mean looking dog or two in a fenced yard!!