Sold my Naked FZ6...got a new bike

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Long story short...about 2 weeks ago I saw a post on this board by a member (Mike AKA FAZR6) who wanted to trade his FZ1 for an FZ6. I responded, but I was too late. I've wanted a bigger bike for awhile and I've pretty much done as much work on my FZ6 as I want to. By the time I contacted FAZR6 he had sold the FZ1, but he expressed interest in buying my bike outright. A missed opportunity, but it made me realize that I wanted another bike. I ended up selling my FZ6 to FAZR6 (glad a member of this board got it) and found the bike I wanted. I went and picked it up this weekend.

My old bike: Logged a lot of good miles on her and will miss our rides! Also put a lot of work into this FZ6. Thanks to all those who helped me take her clothes off :D. This was my gift to myself when I returned from Iraq and it was worth every penny!

picture.php

Mike you got a great bike. I hope you enjoy it!!! Thanks again for letting me borrow the trailer to pick up my new bike. Another testimony to the great people on this board. Had never even met Mike and he offered to let me use his trailer...great guy and good doing business with you.

My new bike: 2008 Triumph Sprint ST ABS:rockon:...look forward to putting miles on this one!! A few small but normal blemishes...no deal breakers. Beautiful bike! Even came with the great tank bag and the luggage was standard gear.

picture.php

Loaded and ready to come home:
picture.php

Back home in my garage :) (I'll take more pics later):
picture.php

I think I'll hang around the boards if you guys don't mind. Great people here! See ya'll around!:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know much about the Sprint except a lot of folks want them and I can see why! Nice ride!
And definitely stay here on the forum with us!

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new bike!

I've heard the Sprint is extremely smooth in almost every riding scenario and I'm sure you are welcoming of the power upgrade.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! If you do long-ish rides, I'm sure Sprint will be an absolute joy to ride.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Armystrong, I'm sad to hear you sold the FZ, but it makes me happy to know that a great member like FAZR6 got it. You were invaluable to me during my conversion, so I'm glad to hear you're hanging around!

I've got a riding buddy that has that exact Sprint ST and he loves it. He does a lot of longer, touring-type rides and says it's the perfect bike for it. He's also got a GSX-R for the tight, twisty stuff, but that Sprint will more than handle that sort of riding as well.

Congrats on the new bike! :thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!

I think this is the first time I've seen your FZ6, don't think I've seen one that unique. Glad she "stayed in the family".

(PS, thanks for your service! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:)

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! nice bike. i went the same way. I was trying to decide between the Sprint and the VFR and I got a deal on the VFR I could not refuse. Both are similar bikes in many qays except the sprint has the superior engine. Enjoy your new bike!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on your new bike...Thanks for the testimonial on what a great group of people that are on this forum...:rockon:

Be safe on your new bike...

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I won twice on this deal. I bought a beautiful and unique FZ6 at a great price and I made a new friend in you, Marc...an all around great guy. It took me about 2 min to realize that you are someone trustworthy and letting you use my trailer was not even a risk in my judgement.

Your new bike is awesome and I'm happy that things worked out for the better for you. I wanted your bike so bad that I almost held off on the guy who was already scheduled to come look at mine but my conscience told me that wrong is wrong and that would have been a greedy thing to do so I let the cards fall and we both won. Letting you use my trailer was the least I could do for you.

as a footnote, it turns out that the bike I bought, a silver 04 is two vin numbers behind my very first silver FZ6. How cool is that. What are the odds that the two silver 04 fz6's that I own were almost built one behind the other. Two bikes behind? Seriously?

Last edited:

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Mike is right...this truly was a win win situation and I'm glad you are enjoying the bike.

Believe it or not, I just got my new Sprint registered and tagged. Between travel for work and Maryland wanting a pint of blood to put a tag on a bike...it took what seemed like forever. The only good thing is that the weather is just starting to break for Spring, so the timing actually worked out well.

After a few good rides, I know I'm already really falling in love with the Sprint. It's a really smooth bike...1st to 2nd is like butter and the bike handles great. The riding position and size of the bike is perfect for a guy my size and I feel right at home in the saddle...oh and its power is like no other bike I've been on. I'm happy all the way around.
....so of course let the mods begin lol
- I had to put on a set of grip puppies (not shown in these pics)
-and I've added a nice ram mount and GPS too...see pics

picture.php

picture.php

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Just a few more mods to the Sprint...love this bike

Just had a great time out riding yesterday and decided to post a few pics and update a few mods I've made. Nothing too serious, but I felt like showing off with a few pics :D
--Tail Tidy to clean up the rear end
-- New rim stripes and custom graphic details on rims
-- Tank grip pads
-- frame sliders
--capped the nut on the rear wheel
--grip puppies
--ebay levers

picture.php

The next pic shows all the same stuff but what the heck...thought it was a nice pic. :rockon: Thanks for looking.
picture.php