Sold my fizzer... now what?

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I have been going through a bit of a rough patch this year and I was told that she feels more like a room mate rather than a spouse. We don't share any of the same hobbies and except for our beautiful 2 year old daughter don't have a whole lot in common.

My wife enjoys camping so we thought that getting a travel trailer would give us something to do together with our daughter. Fast forward a couple months and I realized that camping is OK, but it's time consuming and the trailer is expensive to insure/ maintain. Between my work, bass fishing/ tournaments and other hobbies it didn't leave much room for my motorcycle. Out of my hobbies, the motorcycle was the easiest for me to step away from. I'm hoping to get my daughter out on the boat next year, whereas I would never take her out on the motorcycle even if she was much older. Besides, the bass boat and fishing is just too much of a part of my life to give up.

I decided to sell my FZ6, but keep my riding gear in case I wanted to get a different bike a year or two down the road.

Long story short, a nice 20 year old guy came over yesterday with his dad after seeing my bike on Craigslist. It was obvious the kid was in love, and he commented that he couldn't believe my bike as 4 years old and had 13,000 miles on the odometer. He said that it looked showroom new and had to have it. We agreed on a price, did the paperwork and he rode my baby out of sight :(

I guess the best way to describe my current state of mind would be called "bittersweet". I have a fist full of nice crispy $100 bills which will eventually go towards a down payment on a new truck. Having the cash is nice, but I kinda miss the fizzer. It occupied a small space in my garage for the past 4 years, but it had a much larger impact on who I was as a person. It was by far the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Riding the Fizzer brought a smile to my face and was a joy to own.

As I mentioned before, I'm experiencing several mixed emotions right now. I just hope I sold my FZ6 for the right reasons and it's absence will help with things at home with the wife and kid. I plan on sticking around the forum and will surely post from time to time. I've chatted with and met so many interesting people on this forum over the past 4 years that it's impossible just to walk away.

Thanks FZ6 forum... it's been a great 4 years and I plan on hanging to learn even more in the coming years.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I saw your ad and was kind of shocked that you were selling because in the ad you didn't mention the rough patch with the wife.. you just said you had too many hobbies and I was surprised you chose the motorcycle from the list of things to cut... but I definitely get it now.

I can kind of relate.. riding the motorcycle is the one thing my wife and I do NOT have in common (all our other hobbies and interests match up very well). She does ride on the back of mine from time to time, but she says it's just not that much fun and she knows she'd love it if she rode her own, but she did try and realized that it just wasn't for her.

Your bike did look brand spanking new.. must've been pretty tough to let it go :(

I'm glad to know you'll be sticking around and I sincerely hope things will get better.. and maybe you'll be able to come back to riding one day with clear conscience. :thumbup:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I have no doubts that I'll get another bike. It might be a few years, but I will be back in the saddle. Will probably end up with an FZ1 or a Tuono V4R if I can find one that's affordable.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
When my son was born, I sold the bike I had at the time. It was more important to me be on the scene in his formative years than potentially miss out on all of that. Working on your family is so much more incredibly important to so many people... hopefully for you as well as them. I respect your choice.

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Possessions are nice, but they are fleeting and will never fill any needs long-term.

I'm sorry to hear about your rough patch with the wife, it happens to the best of us, but you're doing the right thing and focusing on it. Being a good significant other is not natural for everyone, it wasn't for me. The only thing I can say is really focus on it, make it something that you bring to the forefront of your conscience on a regular basis. This will take considerable effort at first but it will become second nature after a while.

Know that you're always welcome here, FZ6 or not. Best of luck to you and may the fish always be biting. :)