soft saddlebag support ideas

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Deals gap trip next week and need some ideas to keep the saddlebags from sagging. With my FAZR6 FE, the bags end up resting slightly on the turn signals, on my last touring trip the FE ended up snapping from the weight

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Deals gap trip next week and need some ideas to keep the saddlebags from sagging. With my FAZR6 FE, the bags end up resting slightly on the turn signals, on my last touring trip the FE ended up snapping from the weight

Use the search function, put in pannier rack in the search box...there are a few threads on here with plenty of options, both off the shelf, and home made! :thumbup:

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, but I am familiar with the search option and have found a couple installs. Problem is everyone calls them different things so it's hard to get a proper search result. I think I've found in total 3-4 installs, I'm sure there are a lot more out there.

btw, there are no useful results searching for "pannier rack"

Use the search function, put in pannier rack in the search box...there are a few threads on here with plenty of options, both off the shelf, and home made! :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, but I am familiar with the search option and have found a couple installs. Problem is everyone calls them different things so it's hard to get a proper search result. I think I've found in total 3-4 installs, I'm sure there are a lot more out there.

btw, there are no useful results searching for "pannier rack"

Having just bought soft panniers for my fizzer, and having the sane issue, I have spent the last few nights scouring the Internet looking for options using many different key words, and you know what, this forum has more info re this issue than anywhere else I could find! It is very frustrating I know! Trust me!

I am gojng to attempt to make my own supports in the next week or so...

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gonna go to a welding shop when I get my bike back before this trip and see if they can jimmy something up for me.

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
I use these bags on the FZ6 and my R100S and they have been great. Just got to keep the top straps short enough to support the weight without sagging. No other hardware necessary. Cortech saddle bags with matching tail bag.

679564740_UXhAe-L.jpg

941253290_PvwRn-L.jpg

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
If you dont need the passenger pegs, i simply put them down, place as much of the bag on as I can, and run the rear strap through the hole in the bracket.
the bracket holds the bag flush, while the peg holds the bottom up, and avoids and unsightly sagging.

pugnacious33

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm a newbie here (so new I don't even have my bike yet) but i'm looking to do exactly what you are, install some supports for soft saddle bags. My plan is to install a partial Ventura Rack system, using the rack itself as bag supports, and attaching the shorter support rack (not the one for backpacks), that'll give me a smaller rack for extra storage. Check out my very first post, I put some pics in there.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys, the weather was HOT all the way so I didn't have to bring much but shirts and some underwear so I stuck with my trusty duffle which I like more than the bags. Still thinking of some supports, I bought a tube bender that will go up to 3/8" and will rig something out of that.

prpv.dll