So I Wrecked (Again)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW, had no idea that levers could cause an issue like this. This scares me because one of the first mode I did was to put on cheap levers... I do not think I am having a problem but how do I know for sure?

These are the one I bought...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019824W4A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's been documenter here before of this exact issue. (Why I mentioned the possibility).

Again, as noted, go for a ride (say 50 MPH for 10 minutes). Stop quickly with the REAR ONLY, and CAREFULLY touch the front rotors. If their not dragging, they should be cool to the touch. If their HOT, somethings wrong..

Sometimes, it takes several pumps of the brakes for the pressure to build up AND NOT RELEASE. To pump when riding for a second or two thru out your ride should NOT heat up the rotors significantly.

Lifting the front wheel and hand "free spinning it" will give you an idea on how much drag is there. I just did some maintenance this am on mine (blow out the calipers with compressed air), lubed chain, clutch cable, etc. I had the nose up, and spun the ft wheel. It easily spun 4 times (W/O touching anything).
I should note mine is a pleasure only bike and doesn't get ridden in crappy weather which will also make brake dust/ crap gather, crud up quicker...

S2's are much more likely to have sticky caliper pistons as there are many more seals / components moving..