Snowballs, and my horrible timing.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you found it...

Being that hose is now 10 years old (the rubber becomes brittle and certainly not as flexible), and carries about 35 PSI thru it, IMO, I'd just pop for a new OEM hose and be done with it.

Its not worth a potential fire.

Last edited:

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you found it...

Being that hose is now 10 years old (the rubber becomes brittle and certainly not as flexible), and carries about 35 PSI thru it, IMO, I'd just pop for a new OEM hose and be done with it.

Its not worth a potential fire.

It's not rubber, it's pretty much hard plastic. Most quick release fuel lines are, and I hate them. Sucks to work with, and IMO more prone to failure than rubber hose, though not generally due to age.

I've got 2' of 225psi EFI hose and a pair of EFI band clamps waiting on the shelf at work for me, for the princely sum of $11. Hooray wholesale cost!

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Would likely idle fine but falter under load. So, you could feasibly cruise at 4000 rpm, but have it fall on its face from a quick rev to 6500 whereby it could be sluggish and lean. Hesitating.... Depends how bad it was. Another member had that happen, I think his wouldn't hit the happy post past 8K. Don't recall exactly.

Good luck. Sorry, but GLAD you found it now! :thumbup:

That part has me scratching my head. At worst, it would stumble for a sec on throttle, then act like a Banshee hitting its powerband. Then again, it's the only 600 I've ridden, so it could've been down 20hp and I might not know it. It's never been lacking for power or willingness to pull from high RPMs. Of course I also might have kinked it myself doing all this stuff, and wouldn't know it without riding it. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Coulda been hiding under there who knows how long, Yamaha wraps the plastic tube in a foam-ish protector... I never would have known if I hadn't felt the line.

Looks much better now, and sounds smoother thus far, hopefully it stays that way. For anyone who may want/need to do the same, the Napa #s are H344A (2' of 5/16" fuel injection hose, 225psi working) and 2x 705-1226 fuel injection hose clamps. :D

Last edited:

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I have no idea what contributed to what, but it seems to be all sorted now. I dumped most of a pint of Seafoam and some fresh 93 in the tank. After a couple 20 mile-ish rides, it feels better than I can remember it feeling since I've owned it. Definitely lost any roll-on hesitation, and I can putter in a parking lot without throttle.

I even cleaned and lubed my chain, and massaged my green-wire mod with nice new ceramic plug pigtails today. It's like a new bike for a couple hundred bucks. :D

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I have no idea what contributed to what, but it seems to be all sorted now. I dumped most of a pint of Seafoam and some fresh 93 in the tank. After a couple 20 mile-ish rides, it feels better than I can remember it feeling since I've owned it. Definitely lost any roll-on hesitation, and I can putter in a parking lot without throttle.

I even cleaned and lubed my chain, and massaged my green-wire mod with nice new ceramic plug pigtails today. It's like a new bike for a couple hundred bucks. :D

Seafoam works wonders.... On a flat surface, I can get mine rollling without throttle, idle only, just slight clutch, no bucking, etc. Your bike is now running the way it should be!!

Congrates!

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Seafoam works wonders.... On a flat surface, I can get mine rollling without throttle, idle only, just slight clutch, no bucking, etc. Your bike is now running the way it should be!!

Congrates!

It's wonderful stuff. I bought my Subaru off a guy in northern NJ with 105k, so you know it spent many, many hours idling in traffic. It always got poor mileage and seemed a little... off. I wasn't holding my breath, but I fed it a can through the brake booster line. I don't even want to know how much carbon it blew out where, but it's gained a couple mpg and noticeable pep. I was quite impressed. Plus it really concerned the neighbors. :D

I just wish I knew how long that fuel line had been kinked.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
As I understand, it took that long ride to get everything pretty much back to normal?

Ie, it was the fresh fuel and Seafoam working, correct?

Dunno, I didn't ride it between starting off doing the plugs and finishing everything, and I dumped the Seafoam in and took it around the corner to the gas station when I left the shop with it... so my net ride before fresh fuel was about 1/2 a mile.

I've chased the fuel thing down in years past, and dumped Marine Stabil, Techron, and anything else I could think of in the tank, and it would usually give me a little temporary improvement, but nothing permanent. Could be it was tempermental due to other things being a little off (high gap, kinked fuel hose, ignition cables, whatever) so it was extra sensitive to fuel quality.

Meh, it's fixed, it goes like stink, and it's got fresh oil and coolant... I'm satisfied!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno, I didn't ride it between starting off doing the plugs and finishing everything, and I dumped the Seafoam in and took it around the corner to the gas station when I left the shop with it... so my net ride before fresh fuel was about 1/2 a mile.

I've chased the fuel thing down in years past, and dumped Marine Stabil, Techron, and anything else I could think of in the tank, and it would usually give me a little temporary improvement, but nothing permanent. Could be it was tempermental due to other things being a little off (high gap, kinked fuel hose, ignition cables, whatever) so it was extra sensitive to fuel quality.

Meh, it's fixed, it goes like stink, and it's got fresh oil and coolant... I'm satisfied!

I do believe things can add up: Excessive gap + poor connection is two strikes there, gas more than 3 months old can be factor but not always. So is the idle now steady and a good smooth linear pull when twisted?

If so, you have brought much success to the Little Fizzer! A happy Couple Again! :D