Slider Install

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I know there are a few threads about sliders but didn't see anything about the install. I bought a set of Shogun sliders and the box says to check out the web site but I couldn't find anything there. I'm assuming it's pretty straight forward. I read on a generic sight to use locktight under the head of the bolt. Is that accurate? The locktight says to put it on the threads of the bolts. Does color matter? I bought Red.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not an expert on this but I believe you got it right with regards to the different brand and the color. The tube should tell you if it's permanent or semi permanent (is that right), color has nothing to do with it.
Wait.......nah. I was gonna say something about the "red" locktight, but no....

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Blue is the stuff you want. Really straightforward install. Take off one bolt (side) at a time. Loctite on the last couple of threads (1/2"), replace motor bolt with the slider bolt, torque to spec.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure the LONGER slider goes on the clutch side of the bike and abacall is correct. The blue stuff is what you want in this case. Do you have a torque wrench? 40 ft lbs only! Careful!

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I picked up a torque wrench today. I've needed one on numerous occations and finally bought one. I'll go exchange the locktight in the morning for the blue stuff. When applying it, abacall says to apply it to the last few threads I'm assuming that means the threads closest to the head of the bolt.

fzwing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks the tips guys, I have a set of the Motovation sliders to install this week. Blue loctite, torque it.... got it. :thumbup:

The Rayman

Professional Cat Herder
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Make sure the LONGER slider goes on the clutch side of the bike and abacall is correct. The blue stuff is what you want in this case. Do you have a torque wrench? 40 ft lbs only! Careful!

Longer on the left. As you are setting on the bike.

Last edited: