site running slow for anyone else?

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i've been on for about 30 min and it is taking forever for threads to load. for most, i get the info i need and close them before they even finish opening. this is the only site i'm having issues with. am i the only one?

12:52 pm EST

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, i thought it was just my PC playing up....Is painfully slow...will send Dennis a PM.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
weird

for me has been ok

and notice that I am in Colombia and our bandwidth is not the best in the world, is not bad but anyway is not as good as yours.

Cheers

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all.. its time I guess... I just upgraded our server connection.. Let me know if its better...

( It better be.. the new connection is 300 bux a mos...):BLAA:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It isn't the sites Dennis.... I noticed in debug that it is trying to connect one of the Ad sites and pausing on that connection with each load. I'll try and catch the site's link on the next few loads.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Figures.... now it will not hit that same as site! Doh! It's running A-OK at the moment!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I can't really complain since I'm a moocher, but....

I've been having speed issues for several weeks now. Specifically, I user firefox and subscribe to group update emails. When I get the email, I like to open up each thread that I'm interested in, in a new tab, but if I open more than two threads at once, all fz6-forum pages literally stop loading. I have to go to the newer pages and hit the stop button to get the other pages to load.

Having a little background in configuring Apache, I figure that there's a max connections setting somewhere on the server side that is limiting how many concurrent connections from one IP address. Like I said, I'm a moocher, so I can't complain too much, but it really is annoying to me, as I've never experienced that on any other forum that I use.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I can't really complain since I'm a moocher, but....

I've been having speed issues for several weeks now. Specifically, I user firefox and subscribe to group update emails. When I get the email, I like to open up each thread that I'm interested in, in a new tab, but if I open more than two threads at once, all fz6-forum pages literally stop loading. I have to go to the newer pages and hit the stop button to get the other pages to load.

Having a little background in configuring Apache, I figure that there's a max connections setting somewhere on the server side that is limiting how many concurrent connections from one IP address. Like I said, I'm a moocher, so I can't complain too much, but it really is annoying to me, as I've never experienced that on any other forum that I use.

Well, I don't know what was changed, but the loading up multiple tabs at once issue is finally no longer a problem! Thanks!