single round

txlyman

Reaction score
Visit site
Where are you guys getting the 7" single round headlights from?

I'm also not really looking to cut my main harnesses so I guess I will have to find ways to make oem connections as well.

I'm looking into going full naked and I would like to go this route. Any input is appreciated. :rockon:

Should look pretty good! They seem to have really decent products. Put up a picture once you get it installed and let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed my Aztec8 7" single kit. Install was straight forward. I had to do some extra wiring because I shortened the harness so I could tuck the connectors behind the frame easier. You really have to tighten everything up and check it after every few rides. I might put some loc-tite on the bolts. The first ride I did resulted in a broken bulb because I didn't have everything tight. Even after tightening there is a buzz at 6-7k RPMs from the headlight just from vibration. Nothing to worry about just an observation.
20120313163451.jpg

20120313163417.jpg

20120313163402.jpg

Installed my Aztec8 7" single kit. Install was straight forward. . . . .
. . .. Even after tightening there is a buzz at 6-7k RPMs from the headlight just from vibration. Nothing to worry about just an observation.
Looks good. Knowing that I'd be carrying an extra bulb or two as the vibes will take them out. . .

sexy bike, im looking to do that conversion, thanks for the pics, wheres your horn?

and where did you get the back to the gauge?

The horn is under the headlight in the stock location. The back to the gauge cluster is from a FZ1-N. I ordered it from the local yamaha dealer. Its also available from Partshark.com Part # 2D1-83559-00-00.

Looks good. Knowing that I'd be carrying an extra bulb or two as the vibes will take them out. . .

I do have an extra bulb under the seat. Its easy to change. 2 phillips head screws to remove the front of the light is all it takes. Although after making sure everything is tight I have logged about 150 miles and it hasn't happened again. May have just been a fluke.

Looks great! Are those Watsen flush mounts on the sides of the headlight bracket? Good call on the gauge cover, really pulls the look together IMO.

Looks great! Are those Watsen flush mounts on the sides of the headlight bracket? Good call on the gauge cover, really pulls the look together IMO.

That is correct. I bought the Watsen LEDs when I had no intention of going naked, then when I did I couldn't bring myself to get rid of them due to the cost plus the quality is unbeatable. They are hard to see in the day time from head on but at night time they are very bright and do a great job.

Few days late but to help with the headlight vibration, use some thick rubber washer or grommets between the arms and bucket. I did that on my CB and the light is really solid when going over bumps and no buzz or vibration.
Just a thought since I was unable to see any in the pics.

Installed my Aztec8 7" single kit. Install was straight forward. I had to do some extra wiring because I shortened the harness so I could tuck the connectors behind the frame easier. You really have to tighten everything up and check it after every few rides. I might put some loc-tite on the bolts. The first ride I did resulted in a broken bulb because I didn't have everything tight. Even after tightening there is a buzz at 6-7k RPMs from the headlight just from vibration. Nothing to worry about just an observation.
20120313163451.jpg

20120313163417.jpg

20120313163402.jpg

Looks awesome! Can you post a picture from the side, the whole bike and maybe another from the front a bit further back? I like this option a lot.

Thanks!

I'm considering this option. Does anyone have experience with the light output at night? Also, is it possible to mount the stock turn signals? If not are there suitable non-led turn signals available. I can't find much of anything.

Joe

Back