Show us your FZ6 in Touring mode!

D

Dave.TX

I live in Austin also and have two Blue 2007 FZ6's one is for the track the other is for touring and has vintage 1978 yamaha XS650 special pullback handle bars thar are on risers and make the bars 12'' taller than stock.

Instead of risers I purchased Renthal Road Medium bars. The angle is much more comfortable than the stock handlebars and they rise up probably about an inch or two over stock. It's about the maximum for the cables. Replacing the handlebars is much cheaper than those little riser blocks. I still like to ride with the sport bikes so can't do too much of a "comfort" handle bar. In fact I've been thinking of getting the Road Low bars to drop them down a bit, then sawing off the ends about a half inch or so to bring them in some too. The Renthal's are wider than stock so I have almost no visibility to the rear on the stock mirrors without moving my arms in and head over to see behind.

In fact, didn't I purchase that comfort seat from you a few months ago?

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Instead of risers I purchased Renthal Road Medium bars. The angle is much more comfortable than the stock handlebars and they rise up probably about an inch or two over stock. It's about the maximum for the cables. Replacing the handlebars is much cheaper than those little riser blocks. I still like to ride with the sport bikes so can't do too much of a "comfort" handle bar. In fact I've been thinking of getting the Road Low bars to drop them down a bit, then sawing off the ends about a half inch or so to bring them in some too. The Renthal's are wider than stock so I have almost no visibility to the rear on the stock mirrors without moving my arms in and head over to see behind.

In fact, didn't I purchase that comfort seat from you a few months ago?
Yes that's right I did sell you the seat , how did it work out ?

D

Dave.TX

Yes that's right I did sell you the seat , how did it work out ?

It's a very nice seat and have put a couple of thousand miles on it now. I'm borrowing a used Corbin for the moment to try it out and see if I want to buy it. On the way home (about a 20 mile ride) I wasn't thrilled with it, felt vibrations I don't with the comfort seat. They're different and will have some more saddle time on Monday to test out the Corbin.

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a very nice seat and have put a couple of thousand miles on it now. I'm borrowing a used Corbin for the moment to try it out and see if I want to buy it. On the way home (about a 20 mile ride) I wasn't thrilled with it, felt vibrations I don't with the comfort seat. They're different and will have some more saddle time on Monday to test out the Corbin.

Dave,

How different is the comfort seat from the stock seat? And is the comfort seat the same thing as the Yamaha gel seat?

Thanks,
Nick

ranger039

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my bike from Indonesia and it's Puisar 220 DTS-i 2011

In Indonesia we have to put license plate number infront of the vehicles because it's rules and we have to obey the rules

D

Dave.TX

I had never heard of the Bajaj Pulsar so had to Google it. Looks like a pretty sweet bike! India's #1 sportbike, they say. Looks like it's a lot of fun to ride and you have yours looking pretty sharp, Ranger039. Biggest engine they make, I bet you're the envy of everyone! As far as rules go, I think in Indonesia they're a little more strict at enforcement than they are in the United States. All we need is a rear license plate that's illuminated at night. The front plate looks odd to me but if everyone had one then it wouldn't.

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is mine. I still want to do additional mods to it.

SAM_3017.jpg

SAM_3029.jpg

SAM_3034.jpg

SAM_3036.jpg

SAM_3037.jpg

AND last but not least. I hope you like it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayl2J3_Mxz4&context=C36f3a26ADOEgsToPDskKfI8753BY-1zZgNXnuzfeg]My FZ6 Light Show.mpg - YouTube[/ame]

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
nice! what tank bag and screen are those?

Thanks, and my tank bag is Bags-Connection "GS" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System
Bags-Connection "GS" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System - BC.TRS.00.103.8000 : TwistedThrottle.com

I added a few accessories to it, and the following are the accessories that I added. Although you cannot completely see it in the picture below, I ran power into the map bag which sits on top of my tank bank, and the power consists of two USB ports and 3 cigarette socks. Through that, I also have a converter, 12volts to 75 watts

Bags-Connection Navi bag for Quick-Lock tankbags, large (This one is better than mine - they have upgrade the styles since I bought mine).
Bags-Connection Navi bag for Quick-Lock tankbags, large - BC.GPS.00.002.1000 : TwistedThrottle.com

Bags-Connection GPS/PDA/RAM gadget holder bracket for Quick-Lock Tankbags
Bags-Connection GPS/PDA/RAM gadget holder bracket for Quick-Lock Tankbags - BCK.GPS.00.010.100 : TwistedThrottle.com

Bags-Connection Map Holder for Quick-Lock Tankbags
Bags-Connection Map Holder for Quick-Lock Tankbags - BCK.MHE5111 : TwistedThrottle.com

Bags-Connection Gascap Bottom Ring for Quick-Lock Tankbags & Camera Mount (Yamaha/Ducati/Triumph 5/Victory 5)
Bags-Connection Gascap Bottom Ring for Quick-Lock Tankbags & Camera Mount (Yamaha/Ducati/Triumph 5/Victory 5) - TRT.00.475.110 : TwistedThrottle.com

The screen is a Cee Bailey - 22" I'm 5'10", and I believe the 24" would have been better. The air hits the top of my helmet now when sitting upright, which still generates noise. However, if I'm leaning down on the tank or tankbag, it is great, and its complete quiet and calm.

Cee Baileys | Yamaha FZ6 2007 & UP Replacement Windshield

Pics of the tank bag for you.

Half of the bag is expanded
SAM_2986.jpg

Half of the bag is expanded
SAM_2987.jpg

SAM_3040.jpg

Last edited:

William

Reaction score
Visit site
The blues bruthas loaded up for a 725 miler around Central Florida last week.

2057.jpg

The Givi V35s hold quite a bit. This bike came with a monokey topcase base plate, but all I have are monolock topcases, so I'm looking to trade that out sometime soon. Otherwise, between the two motorcycles and their cases, we loaded everything needed for four days and three nights in a cabin near Ocala National Forest.

1099.jpg

D

Dave.TX

Nice job. I have the same side cases, can even fit both my size 48 (13) riding boots in one. They don't fit my XL helmet though, won't close.

That Versys looks good too, bet it did the job just as well. M R nice bikes also.

SmokeEater37

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got all my gear fitted to the bike. First long overnight trip coming up in early June!
Motocentric tank bag with 12v power, Motocentric saddle bags, and Shad 40L topcase.

EZ Rider

On the Road
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

tommods

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2007 S2 ready for a trip to Belgium (F1 Grand Prix) in August.
Givi V46 top box with Easylock TPH10 side bags.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is mine. Dowco fastrax tailbag and tankbag. The saddlebags are "Bagman" saddlebags that are made for snowmobiles. They are soft but they fit very well.

Finally got ready for my four day 1300 mile tour of the U.P. of Michigan! Only a couple weeks away.

aee6c442-c60b-70c2.jpg

aee6c442-c756-625a.jpg

aee6c442-c666-0cf9.jpg

This is my new bike security system! it is our dog raegan stalking her tennis ball.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: