Show us your FZ6 in Touring mode!

Traf001

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, thanks for the interest and the compliments. I'll post some closer images this evening and also the parts numbers for the rack and cases. The racks are SW-Motech and I believe those are the 37L Trax boxes but let me check. I also got the matching dry bags which makes loading and unloading them pretty simple.

Glad I checked, they're the 45L boxes :)

These are the Twisted Throttle part numbers (when I ordered them a couple years ago)

KFT.06.314.100 SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Sidecarrier (Yamaha FZ6, '04-'06) Original Style for Givi, TraX, Krauser, & Hepco sidecases
ALK.00.165.100.LD TraX 45-liter ALU-BOX, left, powdercoated black
ALK.00.165.100.RD TraX 45-liter ALU-BOX, right, powdercoated black
KFT.00.152.100 TraX Adapter kit for SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock sideracks
ALK.00.165.164 Lock set for 2 TraX ALU-BOX case

Sorry these are so dark - the ALCS Game 2 went to 11 innings and the sun went down...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

HPTuner

Reaction score
Visit site
I've only had my FZ a few weeks but I got it ready for my maiden trip last weekend. It performed nicely. Additions are: 24" Cee Bailey windshield with MRA X-creen added, handlebar riser & setbacks, Yamaha tankbag, Nelson-Rigg CL700 tailbag, Shad 45L trunk with shad mount,& I'm still working on the seat!:D

pulverizer

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike in fall/touring mode. I just put the Shad 50 on there. I put the Cal-Sci screen on in the Fall/Spring for more wind protection on my commute.

Clovis

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_1653.jpg

Mine is completely stock save for two 12v power adapters I added.

IMG_1335.jpg

Soft saddle bags, a joe rocket manta tank bag and a joe rocket manta XL tank bag that I use for the tail bag.

A sheepskin seat cover. A local company custom makes them to the seat.

I use a bungee cargo net to secure the tail bag and also stow extra layers of clothing as it warms up later in the day.

This set up holds enough for a 3-4 day trip. For longer trips I use a small duffel bag instead of the smaller tail bag.

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my mini-Fizzie in touring mode during Vintage Week at Barber's Motorsports Park a couple of weeks ago. My riding buddy's FZ1 is behind it. The roads around Birmingham are GREAT!

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd contribute, since I finally have some touring pics.

This these two are taken this summer when my girlfriend and I went on a 3 week trip to Norway. The FZ really is a little worker. Fully loaded and she didn't complaint a bit. Just give the rear suspension a few extra clicks, and she'll ride great :thumbup:

And a single pic of my girlfriends SV 650. Also a great looking bike in my opinion and a super fun ride as well.

fazer_warrior

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking through this topic a lot early this summer, trying to figure out what would be the most appropriate luggage set up for a long ride. My boyfriend and I did a trip around the Black Sea and here are some pictures of the final configuration.

IMAG0181.jpg

IMG_8565.JPG

IMAG0232.jpg

The set up is: a Tuareg tank bag by Hein Gericke, Oxford sport saddlebags, Louis Trecking Roll (the yellow bag on the saddle) and a Givi topcase on a genuine Yamaha rack.

D

Dave.TX

These are some really great pictures and write ups! Touring on a sub-800 pound behemoth has it's advantages...

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
Holy cow, everyone here packs way too much! :)

I know we were... Halfway through our trip we decided that we had to have to much stuff, because repacking every morning was becoming tedious. So we identified about 30 liters of stuff that we really could have done without :spank: Talked about sending it home, but never did. We just stuck it permanently in a backpack, and strapped it on the back of the SV for the rest of the trip :rolleyes:

Guess we know what not to bring on the next trip though :thumbup: (which may very well be UK this summer :D)

/Anesi

Ps: Great to see all the FZ's i touring mode. Makes me wanna pack and ride off right this minute :)

Last edited:
D

Dave.TX

Just got the Madstad windshield installed the other day. The bike came with the Givi hard bags, that was a bonus.
2011-12-20_14-47-55_228.jpg

2011-12-20_14-47-26_241.jpg

2011-12-20_14-48-12_653.jpg

I've only had the bike for 4 months and have yet to go touring, just been out on half day rides. Of course with winter here in the northern hemisphere riding time is down. It's a whopping 57* F here this afternoon in central Texas. I'll be going on a ride with some sportbikes tomorrow, won't have the Givi's on there for that. Pay no mind to my disorganized garage... :rolleyes: I was working on that today when I rolled the bike out.

Last edited by a moderator:

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got the Madstad windshield installed the other day. The bike came with the Givi hard bags, that was a bonus.
2011-12-20_14-47-55_228.jpg

2011-12-20_14-47-26_241.jpg

2011-12-20_14-48-12_653.jpg

I've only had the bike for 4 months and have yet to go touring, just been out on half day rides. Of course with winter here in the northern hemisphere riding time is down. It's a whopping 57* F here this afternoon in central Texas. I'll be going on a ride with some sportbikes tomorrow, won't have the Givi's on there for that. Pay no mind to my disorganized garage... :rolleyes: I was working on that today when I rolled the bike out.
I live in Austin also and have two Blue 2007 FZ6's one is for the track the other is for touring and has vintage 1978 yamaha XS650 special pullback handle bars thar are on risers and make the bars 12'' taller than stock.