Secret menu on FZ6 dash

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
This is so intriguing! We gotta sort this out, mates. I can't wait to get out to the bike in the AM and try this. BTW- I'm an '07 FZ6.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is not on the U.S. model (or Canada) bikes, only certain Euro models where licensing there is tiered and you are not allowed to drive over "X" bhp bikes until you've met requirements. Trust me, your US/Canadian bikes are all running at the MAX allowed by Yamaha. :D

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I wasn't suggesting that we might be able to get more power out of our US spec bikes, but I was just curious what the codes meant. Some are hex values and some are "on" etc.

Just being curious that's all.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wasn't suggesting that we might be able to get more power out of our US spec bikes, but I was just curious what the codes meant. Some are hex values and some are "on" etc.

Just being curious that's all.

No problem! Well, you *could* experiment for the forum and turn them on/off one at a time and report the results? :D ;)

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried it. I have a 08' FZ06 USA spec. I cant feel anything- it does nothing... However, why would a FZ06 instrument panel have settings for the FZ01 and how would the FZ01's fueling work on a complete different motor.

I feel kinda stupid for falling for that one. I think it may alter the rear left turn signal flash interval or something, but not HP!:spank: