Seat Cowl---Making my own!!

That is looking stunningly good! Looking forward to see it finished and on your bike:thumbup:

add me to the list of people that would buy one, I love the look of that!

This got me thinking... what if I molded my pillion FZ1 seat, extended it a bit higher and made a shell the shape of the seat... then remove the cover and foam and attach it to the pan. Line it, cut the top of it and glass in a inner lip, add a weather tite strip and make it a trunk! Corbin wants $800 plus for a smuggler's trunk! ;) Hmmmmmmmmmmm............

This got me thinking... what if I molded my pillion FZ1 seat, extended it a bit higher and made a shell the shape of the seat... then remove the cover and foam and attach it to the pan. Line it, cut the top of it and glass in a inner lip, add a weather tite strip and make it a trunk! Corbin wants $800 plus for a smuggler's trunk! ;) Hmmmmmmmmmmm............
Just don't forget if you go touring or want to put heavy stuff on top of it, it needs to be able to handle the weight and be flat! Unless you have a spare seat of course, that is the best of both worlds.

Update. I finally got the bike to the paint shop. Should be very soon now. Depending on how it looks, I may have him put a matte black stripe down the center of the bike.

Ok finally got it back from paint and I think it looks awesome. You be the judge.

Oh, by the way. My paint guy called Yamaha and was able to get them to give him the paint code in PPG.

Last edited:
Awesome! Well done! :thumbup: Nothing beats your own design and having it look THAT good!

Back