Scottoiler fitment

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Just had my 6000mi service and the chain was in such a state, my dealer suggested a Scottoiler. I said ok, as long as the oil reservoir was hidden away somewhere.

This is what he did - under the seat - I'm perfectly happy.

Too early to say if it's going to work, but I can't see much that can go wrong.

Scottoilers are one of the best mods you can do to extend the life of your drive train. Especially if you can't be bothered to maintain your chain.
My dad had one on his ZZR1100, after the install it only required 1 chain adjustment in 9000 miles.
I want one ,but until that day I will clean and lube my chain every week especially in the winter.

Nelly

Last edited:
I've had one for the past 5000 miles. The only fault is down to the owner. It runs out quite quickly so you have to check it regularly. Also it doesn't mean you don't have to clean the chain, it still gets mucky and the oil flies off quite willingly and makes inside the sprocket cover really gooey with black sludge. Otherwise, they're greeeeaaat (as Tony the Tiger said)

Thanks - how often do you get into your (front?) sprocket cover to clean out in there? I'm useless at cleaning but can stick to a schedule. Any special recommendations on with what to clean off the excess Scottoil?

you know I was going to buy one... asked the dealership about them since they sell them... and a guy at the dealership said I didn't want one because they're messy.

Later I find out he's the guy that details all the bikes haha. I think I'm going to have to get one, esp. after seeing this thread

scottoil make their own degreaser,and its awsome...i will never fit another though after having one on my brand spanking new bandit..after 500 miles the rear end looked more like it done 5000 even set on minimum drip ..the cleaning of the rear wheel alone is more time consuming than servicing the chain

you'll love this one..my father in law has got two bikes a TDM 850 and a diversion FJ 900..he was so impressed with the scottoiler that came with the TDM he thought he'd get one for the FJ...one problem though..its shaft drive..:rockon:, hence how i ended up with mine

the best thing about scottoiler is that they helps to extend the life of the chain and sprocket. Most of my friends that has it don't have to check wheather their chain's or dry from long distance riding. As for the oil flying around, dont mind doing a bit of cleaning rather than buying a new chain / sprocket.

Getting mine in a day or two=)

Just had my 6000mi service and the chain was in such a state, my dealer suggested a Scottoiler. I said ok, as long as the oil reservoir was hidden away somewhere.

This is what he did - under the seat - I'm perfectly happy.

Too early to say if it's going to work, but I can't see much that can go wrong.

hi, i think u can further slot the RMV downwards like wat i did.
u put the black piece(the 1 with two curves front and back) first then the RMV lies on it.. the space will be enough for both the black piece and the RMV.
So this way u will have more space in the underseat..

Will take pics to share soon..:cheer:

The black piece in first, push in downwards so it fits in the slot.
Next, place the RMV on the slot. It will fit nicely on the black piece.
The RMV will be secured in the compartment.

Last edited:
Run the tube along the frame.
It will run like a big C so it will not distort the flow of the lube.
For myself i pasted a clip behind the frame so it is hidden a little bit.
U may want to run it over some wires before the tube runs down along the frame.

This is the pic of the RMV from outside.
At the nozzle of RMV use i small cable-tie to secure the tube to the nozzle.
Just in case. hehehe...

Last edited:
Back