Scorpion exhaust question

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
I am ready to order a slip on, and I have narrowed it down to scorpion or leo vince. The problem I have having with the scorpion is that all the images I see have that little pipe looking thing sticking out the back. I want conical end caps. I am pretty sure I have seen this on scorpions before. Are these an option when you order, or is it just a different model that I am not seeing?

If I can not get the conicals on the scorpions, that will be the deciding factor and I will definately go with the leo vince. Thanks for any help.

There are Scorps with the conical tips. Research and also maybe PM BryanDH he has the ones you're looking for...
I think Kazza (forum member) also has them.

New Scropions are oval and have conical ends. Sorry.. no easy decision for you :BLAA:

SANGAR_A2's bike:

32Givi_Rack_13.jpg

Thanks. How do I know if they are the new ones with the conical ends? Different part number? Because while searching online, all the images show the other style.

Thanks. How do I know if they are the new ones with the conical ends? Different part number? Because while searching online, all the images show the other style.

Part numbers could be different, but if I was in your boat I would call the place(s) up before placing order and have them specify what the exhaust ends look like.
I want to say that the old style doesn't even exist anymore and all those sites are just being lazy with the old style pics, but don't quote me on that :)

Not sure what Scorpions go for, but Leo still has a sale going on YAMAHA FZ6 Exhaust

Just don't place your order without calling them first and confirming they actually have the parts in stock (pretty sure carbons are gone).

My Scorpions are round with the conical end caps, bought earlier this month.

I thought all new Scorpions had the conical tips................... maybe dropping an email to Scorpion will get the info you're after?

Part numbers could be different, but if I was in your boat I would call the place(s) up before placing order and have them specify what the exhaust ends look like.
I want to say that the old style doesn't even exist anymore and all those sites are just being lazy with the old style pics, but don't quote me on that :)

Not sure what Scorpions go for, but Leo still has a sale going on YAMAHA FZ6 Exhaust

Just don't place your order without calling them first and confirming they actually have the parts in stock (pretty sure carbons are gone).

Talked to them this morning. Was going to order the CF Leos but they have been out of stock for about two weeks now.

My Scorpions are round with the conical end caps, bought earlier this month.

I thought all new Scorpions had the conical tips................... maybe dropping an email to Scorpion will get the info you're after?

Do you mind posting how much you paid? I am going to get either CF or titanium, and everything I am finding is between 650 and 700. I guess I will pay that if I HAVE to, but I am going to keep searching for a better deal for while.

No worries. I paid £289 for stainless round as I'm a cheapskate. There was the option of oval stainless for an extra £100. I believe that the round stainless retail at £349 over here.

Yep, that is comparable to the prices I am finding. Guess I will probably end up forking over the money, but I will be shopping around A LOT first. I will probably wait 2-3 months before I buy if I don't find a better price.

When I was looking to buy an exhaust last summer I was told by a few dealers scorpion had some insurance issue that prevented them from importing to the US states til end of year. And from the lack of exhausts available I believe this was true.

I am glad I went with Leo's anyway since it is a little more flexible system. You get the cat pipe and db killers all inclusive. And after running these things for a month without db killers I am very happy now to have db killers in all the time. Overall the Leo's are a nice value. very happy with them

When I was looking to buy an exhaust last summer I was told by a few dealers scorpion had some insurance issue that prevented them from importing to the US states til end of year. And from the lack of exhausts available I believe this was true.

I am glad I went with Leo's anyway since it is a little more flexible system. You get the cat pipe and db killers all inclusive. And after running these things for a month without db killers I am very happy now to have db killers in all the time. Overall the Leo's are a nice value. very happy with them

I literally just got off the phone with a guy at jazz motorsports who told me the same thing about the insurance. They had CF and Ti scorpions listed for $500, but no stock. He told me to check back after the first of the year and they would likely either have stock, or know more about when they would.

I would love to get the Leos, but same issue. Always out of stock, even though I have found them in my price range. Leo Vince USA told me that they will likely not get any more in for around 5 months. I doubt I will wait that long.

I am really happy with my Scorpions, I just wish I could find a place that sold the db killers like SANGAR_A2's bike has. I bought mine used from an old forum member but in the States I guess they don't sell them with the db killers. The sound is OK but even more I like look of the Scorpions, I just wish I could restrict them a little bit.

I am really happy with my Scorpions, I just wish I could find a place that sold the db killers like SANGAR_A2's bike has. I bought mine used from an old forum member but in the States I guess they don't sell them with the db killers. The sound is OK but even more I like look of the Scorpions, I just wish I could restrict them a little bit.

Have you tried Scorpion themselves? All their pipes come with the db killers fitted - they have to in order to meet the Euro noise standard.

I have to say that I prefer the sound with the db killers in.

I ADORE my Scorps - no other pipe for me :) I got them from the US - NO dB killers :rockon:

That looks sweet. That is what I want my rear to look like, except I would prefer not to have the shiney end caps. Don't know if non shiney is an option, though.

when I bought mine at the bike show Scorpion had some cans on the stall that were titanium with a carbon end cap. very nice and sounds like they're just what you need.

when I bought mine at the bike show Scorpion had some cans on the stall that were titanium with a carbon end cap. very nice and sounds like they're just what you need.

Yep. Either titanium with carbon end cap, or carbon with titanium (or some other non shiney metal) end cap is pretty much what I am after.

Darn this product shortage. Really aggrevating.

Last edited:
Darn this product shortage. Really aggrevating.

Don't feel too bad, I wanted the old Scorps, with the little tip sticking out that everyone seems to hate. lol By the time I started looking, it was either the new style or no Scorps. Well, I decided no Scorps, and am trying to save for a set of Remus cans instead. I almost went for the Mivv's on sale at PJ's, but I just refuse to buy cans that I'll have to repack. Just not doing that again!

I'm sure early next year you'll be able to find them easily. Everything seems to be hard to get this time of year.

Back