Scorpion Dual Stainless Slip Ons Group Buy/Info?

BigBlacks 22s

Reaction score
Visit site
They look so good in the newer style but I think I like the older style better.

The older style sits more flush to the end of the tail lights and has the little endpipes that also look cool.

Does anyone know if performance is the same?

Is the sound the same?

As the website says, you will notice more mid-range power and overall just a little bit more power through the whole rpm range. Yes you can tell just with throttle response and there is a little more power when accelerating in 5th or 6th gear but it's not an insane amount.. Just enough that you may notice.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, so I just ordered them from Pipecity.com. $489.00 including tax and shipping. Part number: 1811-0601.

I'm going to get some Permatex copper on hand just in case there is a leak. I'll post pics once I get them on and running.

Scorp

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Youve got them on the wrong way mate,I did the same thing myself then changed them around;)
Actually looking at them again I think they are the round not oval pipes so you are cool.Apologies.

Yes you are right they are the round ones, tried them the other way when I first fitted them but they did not seem to look right, so left them as they were.

Owl

Junior Whopper
Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone spearheads a group buy, Im in! Those sounds and look awesome. The older round cans are more expensive from what I've seen. Would be nice if we could all get together and get someone down to say $450 shipped???

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, so I just ordered them from Pipecity.com. $489.00 including tax and shipping. Part number: 1811-0601.

I'm going to get some Permatex copper on hand just in case there is a leak. I'll post pics once I get them on and running.

Scorp
Did you get these installed yet? I think I'm at the end of my chain on the stock exhaust. All I need is just the pipes for $489 and about 2 hours right?

How do I know if my fender eliminator will work with the Scoprions?
It was already installed on the bike; this bike used to belong to FZ1inNH.

Thanks,

Dennis

rudy1c

Reaction score
Visit site
"(hey man, i would deffo recomend those exhausts, i got the older model on my fazer, and damn do they draw attention, i removed baffels, and they are sweet have not actualy hurd what the new ones sound like, but they are scorpion, so can only be good good luck with them)"

You mentioned you have the older modle, What year? I have the 08 fz6 dual exhaust and installed the scorpion exhaust and they are really loud. Im now looking for a db killer or baffle to install in my can. It has the one screw inside of the pipe with no spout. Anybody have any ideas on where I can get them in the U.S. It seems to be impossible to find them in the U.S. Or does anybody have a baffle that they took out for the newer versions without the spout. I work really late and they scream at night..hell they scream in the day also. Thanks for any sugestions.

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get these installed yet? I think I'm at the end of my chain on the stock exhaust. All I need is just the pipes for $489 and about 2 hours right?

How do I know if my fender eliminator will work with the Scoprions?
It was already installed on the bike; this bike used to belong to FZ1inNH.

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis,

Still waiting, they are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday this week. If they do, that will be exactly one week from the date I ordered them online.

I'll try to document the process as I go. May have a buddy who used to work in a cycle shop help, but if he can't make it on Wednesday, I am tackling it myself. Don't think I will be able to stand having the new exhaust sitting in the box, even for a night.

$489 out the door, shipping and tax included in that price.

Scorp

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to know. I'm really contemplating getting these. I just read somewhere the they're really loud so I hesitate. I don't want something so loud that I cannot stand to take 2 hour rides; I want good sound but don't want to fight decibel fatigue.

I wear earplugs esp. on the highway but want the choice of not wearing earplugs when riding is under 40mph. I hope the install goes well for you and I'm waiting to hear what you think after say a few hundred miles on them.

Thanks,

Dennis

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to know. I'm really contemplating getting these. I just read somewhere the they're really loud so I hesitate. I don't want something so loud that I cannot stand to take 2 hour rides; I want good sound but don't want to fight decibel fatigue.

I wear earplugs esp. on the highway but want the choice of not wearing earplugs when riding is under 40mph. I hope the install goes well for you and I'm waiting to hear what you think after say a few hundred miles on them.

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis,

All in all, I now have about two hundred on the cans, 150 with a leak, 50 without. When it was leaking at the y-pipe, I had to wear ear plugs because there was a really loud, high pitched ringing sound, almost like a dog whistle that would kill my ears after the longer stretches on the road. The post leak 50 was in one stretch, and no ear plugs worn. They are quieter than before, but more even and glorious in their pitch. Not too loud at all, and that was a concern for me as well.

I will say that at about 3k on the tach, they are at their relative loudest for some reason.

Get 'em.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Dennis,

All in all, I now have about two hundred on the cans, 150 with a leak, 50 without. When it was leaking at the y-pipe, I had to wear ear plugs because there was a really loud, high pitched ringing sound, almost like a dog whistle that would kill my ears after the longer stretches on the road. The post leak 50 was in one stretch, and no ear plugs worn. They are quieter than before, but more even and glorious in their pitch. Not too loud at all, and that was a concern for me as well.

I will say that at about 3k on the tach, they are at their relative loudest for some reason.

Get 'em.

Hey! thanks for the update. Sounds like they're working out for you. I also read your thread about your installation experience. So was it really that much of a pain? I might actually get a quote from the local Yamaha shop I get my tires with. Another thing keeping me from the install is the PAI of installation and getting it right. If I can get some help on the install, it might not be so painful.

When your ordered from pipecity.com, how quickly did they ship and got delivered? you're in U.S. right?

I hope the Scorpions have given your bike more "personality"; the stock exhaust is just missing something.

So, you think you can ride without earplugs? That's a good sign. I ride almost all the time with plugs but there are times when I ditch them on back roads.

Thanks again for the info -- much appreciated.

Dennis

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! thanks for the update. Sounds like they're working out for you. I also read your thread about your installation experience. So was it really that much of a pain? I might actually get a quote from the local Yamaha shop I get my tires with. Another thing keeping me from the install is the PAI of installation and getting it right. If I can get some help on the install, it might not be so painful.

When your ordered from pipecity.com, how quickly did they ship and got delivered? you're in U.S. right?

I hope the Scorpions have given your bike more "personality"; the stock exhaust is just missing something.

So, you think you can ride without earplugs? That's a good sign. I ride almost all the time with plugs but there are times when I ditch them on back roads.

Thanks again for the info -- much appreciated.

Dennis

Dennis, you can contact Eric (FZ1inNH) and we can do a day of the install at the "Busted Knuckle Garage"

Not sure about tires yet, but i am working on making a setup to be able to do that without the assistance of a shop :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site

Hm... I see. Sounds fun. I'll keep that in mind when I get the Scorpions. Looks like pipecity.com is closed today and back Monday. If I order, it will probably come week after next -- at that time I'm on vacation in Maine.

You folks rock with the taking the bike apart thing -- makes me feel more confident about the install :D.

Thanks,

Dennis

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hm... I see. Sounds fun. I'll keep that in mind when I get the Scorpions. Looks like pipecity.com is closed today and back Monday. If I order, it will probably come week after next -- at that time I'm on vacation in Maine.

You folks rock with the taking the bike apart thing -- makes me feel more confident about the install :D.

Thanks,

Dennis

yeah.... taking the whole front end of the bike apart was not necessary for the forks, but it was fun anyway!