San Diego riders?

Reaction score
Visit site
I could help you install one one evening next week.

Thanks, that would be awesome! I am looking to find a good alarm at a reasonable price. The Scorpio 900 seems like the recommendation from many on this site, so I was going to try and find one locally or online. I will let you know when I have one in hand and if you could help me that would be cool......

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I should be riding Eastbound towards Julian today at around noonish (1/1/09!) send me a PM if interested and/or gimme a call

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy New Year indeed!

I need to work on my timing; I headed out about an hour too early to see your post. It was so much fun out today, there was no one, I mean no one, on Palomar, the road into Julian was wide open, Banner Grade was amazing, and I was coming the opposite direction of traffic in the desert. All in all a great loop.

Took the South Grade up to Palomar:
IMG_0122.jpg

Snow eh?
IMG_0128.jpg

Oh Yeah, lots of snow.
IMG_0139.jpg

Came down the East Grade:
IMG_0142.jpg

Was having so much fun through Julian and the desert that I didn't take a lot of pictures. Here's one snap from the Warner Springs area looking at the backside of Palomar:
IMG_0173-1.jpg

Hope everyone else gets to do a similarly awesome ride this weekend. :D

Last edited:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, that would be awesome! I am looking to find a good alarm at a reasonable price. The Scorpio 900 seems like the recommendation from many on this site, so I was going to try and find one locally or online. I will let you know when I have one in hand and if you could help me that would be cool......

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I should be riding Eastbound towards Julian today at around noonish (1/1/09!) send me a PM if interested and/or gimme a call

i actually ordered a 900 with all the trimmings. call them up and talk to Duffy. I ordered directly from Scorpio and ended up getting a little discount. she said they were running a promotion

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
9am ride on Friday the 2nd if anyone's up for it. #27 and I are going to meet up at CycleGear on Convoy Street (Off Balboa Ave.) If anyone's up for a ride tomorrow just show up there at 9am. If you need directions... oh dang #27 beat me to it haha.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
weather kinda sucks guys....what do you think?:(

It looked like it was going to suck (it certainly was cold and foggy to start with) but Craig and I pushed on anyways. I was short in the way of proper riding gear so we burned a lot of riding time while I tried to find something that would work. We headed towards Julian and before long the sun poked out. Turned into a great ride! We even ate pie :rockon:

I was late for work but it was worth it. I'd post some pics but as I'm at work I don't have the ability to. I'm sure Craig may post some by the time I get a chance to, but if not I'll try to either late tonight or tomorrow.\

Oh.... and a HUUUUUGE thanks to Craig for helping me pick up my bike before I dumped it. Pulled into a little parking area off to the side of the road and I hit a bunch of really loose peagravel that caught me off guard. If it weren't for him I'd have been testing out the new ASV levers to see if they really are unbreakable. :eek:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
The day certainly started off wet and foggy! I was a bit worried heading out of North County and then into San Diego as it became foggy and wet.

I managed to find the street that Cycle Gear was on, but had no clue which side of the road it was on, so I was putting around trying to figure it out when another FZ came up from behind and showed me the way.

We cruised around and found a Motorcycle Auction place which I had no clue existed, and Alba Action Sports which I've heard of, but never been to. Here's what the morning looked like from one of the parking lots:
IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

However, as we headed up higher into the mountains the sun came through and it was absolutely gorgeous out. We took the 67 to Ramona and eventually to Julian. We grabbed some pie at the Julian Cafe, I recommend ice cream with the pie ;), and then headed back. On the way down we stopped to snap some pictures:

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

Don't let that gravel fool you. It was deep stuff and the road tires just washed out in it. I was lucky and made it straight through without turning, but Dave caught some of the deeper patches and did an amazing job of not dropping the bike. I helped him get it back upright and all was well.

Sorry to hear that you were late, but I think we caught every slow car down the grade. All in all I had a great time riding and next time I'll be a bit more conservative with my mileage and time estimates; the GPS lies :rolleyes:.

It looked like it was going to suck (it certainly was cold and foggy to start with) but Craig and I pushed on anyways. I was short in the way of proper riding gear so we burned a lot of riding time while I tried to find something that would work. We headed towards Julian and before long the sun poked out. Turned into a great ride! We even ate pie :rockon:

I was late for work but it was worth it. I'd post some pics but as I'm at work I don't have the ability to. I'm sure Craig may post some by the time I get a chance to, but if not I'll try to either late tonight or tomorrow.\

Oh.... and a HUUUUUGE thanks to Craig for helping me pick up my bike before I dumped it. Pulled into a little parking area off to the side of the road and I hit a bunch of really loose peagravel that caught me off guard. If it weren't for him I'd have been testing out the new ASV levers to see if they really are unbreakable. :eek:

Last edited:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you were late, but I think we caught every slow car down the grade. All in all I had a great time riding and next time I'll be a bit more conservative with my mileage and time estimates; the GPS lies :rolleyes:.

No kidding on the cars! I was getting antsy being pressed for time. I certainly broke the speed limit on the way back, ran instead of walked from the parking lot and made it into work about 2 minutes late. (I'm supposed to be 15 minutes early). Good thing I have the faster blue one! Thanks for the write up and pics :thumbup: and i can't thank you enough for helping me catch my bike :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Reaction score
Visit site
The day certainly started off wet and foggy! I was a bit worried heading out of North County and then into San Diego as it became foggy and wet.

I managed to find the street that Cycle Gear was on, but had no clue which side of the road it was on, so I was putting around trying to figure it out when another FZ came up from behind and showed me the way.

We cruised around and found a Motorcycle Auction place which I had no clue existed, and Alba Action Sports which I've heard of, but never been to. Here's what the morning looked like from one of the parking lots:
IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

However, as we headed up higher into the mountains the sun came through and it was absolutely gorgeous out. We took the 67 to Ramona and eventually to Julian. We grabbed some pie at the Julian Cafe, I recommend ice cream with the pie ;), and then headed back. On the way down we stopped to snap some pictures:

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

Don't let that gravel fool you. It was deep stuff and the road tires just washed out in it. I was lucky and made it straight through without turning, but Dave caught some of the deeper patches and did an amazing job of not dropping the bike. I helped him get it back upright and all was well.

JEALOUS :(

Sorry guys, I've been kickin myslef all day.....as soon as the sun came out around 1130ish, I knew I blew the day with you guys....fvck!

m_chevy

TeamFelony.com
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Hi gang. My name is Mike. I just joined this place. I've been on SBN for a few years, but have a damaged 06 FZ-6 I want to fix up.

Anyhow, I live in Hemet. I have a working FZ as well and am always looking for a ride. I work evenings/nights and am usually up for a ride in the morinings and early afternoons.

Don't hesitate to ask.......

See you out there.

Me

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi gang. My name is Mike. I just joined this place. I've been on SBN for a few years, but have a damaged 06 FZ-6 I want to fix up.

Anyhow, I live in Hemet. I have a working FZ as well and am always looking for a ride. I work evenings/nights and am usually up for a ride in the morinings and early afternoons.

See you out there.

Me

Hi Mike! Welcome :rockon:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

See you out there.

Me

awesome! I pretty much work a swing shift so today I'll be working from 2pm-10pm. starting tomorrow and for the next two weeks i'll be working 6am-2pm, and then after that 10pm-6am. so i'm pretty flexable as far as ride times go if you catch me on the right week! (i week weekends too :-/)

:welcome: to the forum. good luck with fixing up the FZ

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey 27 those were some cool pictures. Kind of funny those pictures of your bikes on the cliffs up near Julian, that is my favorite spot to stop and just enjoy the view. Drove up there a few days ago and parked my bike there and sat on the rock sitting on the edge, quite peaceful :)

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So a few more pics from the day.

foggy.JPG

are you SUUUUURE you want to ride today?

Yeah, we woke up and came here... might as well!

view.JPG

And it turned out to be a good choice :thumbup:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
That picture from Cycle Gear makes me shiver just thinking of the ride down in that crap :eek: . I'm so glad it cleared up when we got into Ramona and higher. :thumbup:

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey 27 those were some cool pictures. Kind of funny those pictures of your bikes on the cliffs up near Julian, that is my favorite spot to stop and just enjoy the view. Drove up there a few days ago and parked my bike there and sat on the rock sitting on the edge, quite peaceful :)

UNFORTUNATELY,(those are not my pics and/or bike) I pussed out on this trip as the weather got the best of my confidence....LOL! I was just (again) stating how JEALOUS I was that I flaked out 'cause of the rainish condition, but how nice it turned out. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Visit site
SPOTTED: RED FZ6 at Henry's Santee One of you guys?

Anyone up for a ride up to Vista this weekend to NCY (North County Yamaha)? I'm actually gonna talk numbers on a 09 Street Triple trade in or Daytona..very reluctant to give up the fizz, but my friend just bought a triple and all I can say is wow.....WOW....wow! What a great machine. I drove it home 40 miles , and it was quite enjoyable, even for a new bike that I was terrified to drop. Very different from the fizzer, an exceptional ride in it's own way. I'm not committed ot anything,other than riding A bike home that day.....hehe!:D

Anyway, if anyone is down, I'm thinking around noon Saturday or Sunday. I'll also be riding Monday morning if anyone is up for it.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be out that way on Wednesday Jan 14 if any of you want to ride. Hemet/Sage/Warner Springs/Ranchita/Borrego Springs/Banner Grade/Wynola Rd./Palomar/Pala is the route, starting 9:00AM.

I'll be on my R1 so the pace will be quick. Post here if you are going to be around.

Last edited: