Saddle bags

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got my first set of saddle bags on Monday. I picked up a set of Cortech Super 2.0 saddlebags and the tail bag. I've been experimenting with the tie down straps trying to find something that I am comfortable with in regards to where to place them. Seems like no matter where I place them the bags have some wobble to them. It's probably me, I'm very cautious when it comes to securing my loads and luggage. Anyone else use these bags? Where do you place your quick disconnect tie downs?

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bags.

I have a very faded and old set of Nelson Rigg saddlebags that connect down on the sides in that little hoop above the passenger pegs. The back straps loop under the license plate and rear turn signal frame. I just cinch them up with the little buckles and they seem to be fine.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Underneath your exhaust covers (silencers) there's a pair of flat metal supports that you can put some load on with straps.

Edit: Those supports attach to the license plate bracket IIRC.

Last edited:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine are just free. I attached them to the passenger peg bracket and that's it. I went down the Dragon with them loaded like that and they were okay so I never pushed the issue. Maybe 60lbs of gear total, counting the tail roll-bag and both saddlebags?

At some point, I probably need to figure out a better solution. I think letting them just hang over the side will eventually overstress the stiching and kill the bags.

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bag setup there! I'm sort of shopping myself, I will have to check these Cortech's out closer, I like how they look - not too baggy/big.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I attach the straps to the front of my Cortech bags to the passenger peg mounts like you show in the picture. When they are loaded the weight keeps them stable. They aren't going anywhere.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to use a set of Motopak saddlebags. I'd loop one strap around each passenger peg, then run the rear straps from one bag to the other. The bags did have a bit of movement to them, but I don't think there's any way of removing that.

The bags survived a crash at about 80km/h with barely moving anywhere.

IMG_5484.JPG