Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Brenda. This is tragic.

To be realistic I hear motorcycles whipping it all the time where I live. This is in traffic and I always try to have a good thought for all that may be involved when I hear this. A lot of riders push it. Yeah...me too. :rolleyes: But more out in the sticks.
This is especially dangerous in the city where there are more pedestrians. Politically it's bad press for riders.

Last edited:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff you bring up a good point.

In PHX it's relatively not a pedestrian/public transit friendly city. There are certain neighborhoods and street corners that have high volume of peds.

I will push it in areas where pretty much its safe and away from people, I also try to create as good a safety cushion for myself. In where the pedestrians are I chill out and am on full alert for random/odd situations.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Always tragic when reckless behavior takes a life of an innocent person.

And then there's this:

1st comment to the story in original link:

1) The news should be stating that the biker was killed, but the elderly woman was murdered. 2) When will these ninja type bikes be removed from production? Look, Bloomberg was able to remove soda, but could not be bothered with getting these types of bikes prohibited from entering city lines?

I'm too exasperated to comment.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Always tragic when reckless behavior takes a life of an innocent person.

And then there's this:

1st comment to the story in original link:

1) The news should be stating that the biker was killed, but the elderly woman was murdered. 2) When will these ninja type bikes be removed from production? Look, Bloomberg was able to remove soda, but could not be bothered with getting these types of bikes prohibited from entering city lines?

I'm too exasperated to comment.

/Same reaction here. After it was pointed out that the bike in question was nothing like a 'ninja type' bike, they referred to it as a 'heavily modified poor man's ninja'

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the '80's the was a cry out from the media to ban "crotch-rockets" original Ninja's GPz, FJs, etal.

This too shall pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
This whole situation is saddening and disappointing. It's a sad fact of life that so many people are so misinformed about...well everything. Especially that persons comment regard the 'ninja-style' bike. I mean, there are some cruisers out there that will smoke a 'crotch rocket.'...As a general rule, it seems, that people are dead set on their opinion, which is based on an uneducated gut reaction. And they can get on social media and spout off about it, which is what politicians will probably eventually listen and cater to, as they are just as uninformed.

Stories and comments below them like this do not surprise me anymore. It just makes me sad for humanity.

Sorry to be such a downer on Christmas Eve.

Happy holidays friends

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe this will settle the part of the debate that the type of bike doesn't matter in regard to going fast.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjFeC7g6_40]Hildo's Harley vs Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade (English subs) - YouTube[/ame]

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The "ninja" bike comment analogous to asking for a ban of certain weapons to prevent school shootings. It's not the bike or weapon (or whatever else), it's the operator.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
The "ninja" bike comment analogous to asking for a ban of certain weapons to prevent school shootings. It's not the bike or weapon (or whatever else), it's the operator.

Part of me want to have the tiered style licences for motorcycles as in UK or EU.

Shell out few thousands of dollars on mandatory tests, preparatory courses and that will weed out a lot of these retards.

Then again I stopped counting how many people tell me that they don't even have a motorcycle license, yet they still have a bike on the road.

I wonder how there's no crackdown on lack of insurance or license plates.

NYPD is not enforcing this at all.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Part of me want to have the tiered style licences for motorcycles as in UK or EU.

Shell out few thousands of dollars on mandatory tests, preparatory courses and that will weed out a lot of these retards.

Then again I stopped counting how many people tell me that they don't even have a motorcycle license, yet they still have a bike on the road.

I wonder how there's no crackdown on lack of insurance or license plates.

I'm not a fan of the European model for licencing. But it does prevent random uneducated ownership of motorcycles.
I am not anti Police either but in this instance as with the previous episode of idiotic NY riders, The state has failed to do their job.
I don't mind if I get pulled over three or four times a week if it means that the motorcycling criminal element is removed from the roads.
I don't know, but I bet that this latest rider didn't hold a licence either?
This is all a bit ranty but the comments in the news feed are so damaging to us (motorcyclists) as a group that we need to start taking some action. As stated a car kills a motorcyclist on the same road and it's just a tragic accident. The worlds spotlight is on NY at the moment please don't mess it up for the rest of us.

Nelly

Last edited:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
SHENANIGANS, BULL$H!T,
there is no way a CBR1000RR kept the front end on the ground if he was actually trying to race someone. There is no way I would race on a street that short and crowded either.

Yeah, a real person would have went to a 1/8 or 1/4 track. That's. True test of speed. In a real race that bike would have caught him out of first gear. I do call BSon keeping the front end down. It's all about clutch controll.

I smoked my buddy's ninja 1000 to about 600 feet. He did overpower me in a heart beat. This is strictly drag. Road racing you can smoke amateur on a higher end bike by simply keeping a good line and speed.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, a real person would have went to a 1/8 or 1/4 track. That's. True test of speed. In a real race that bike would have caught him out of first gear. I do call BSon keeping the front end down. It's all about clutch controll.

I smoked my buddy's ninja 1000 to about 600 feet. He did overpower me in a heart beat. This is strictly drag. Road racing you can smoke amateur on a higher end bike by simply keeping a good line and speed.

This, basically. I am no expert, but my understanding is that V twins develop their power down low, high revving inline fours develop power in high revs at speed. If you want to outrun an inline four, you should do exactly what that guy did -- use a short track.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You nailed it brother. I think this appalling. I got a ticket once for my inspection was one month over due, everything else was good. These joker's are on dirt bikes with NOTHING and no one gets a ticket.

The term "scoff-law" allies here. Time to bust heads.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the European model for licencing. But it does prevent random uneducated ownership of motorcycles.
I am not anti Police either but in this instance as with the previous episode of idiotic NY riders, The state has failed to do their job.
I don't mind if I get pulled over three or four times a week if it means that the motorcycling criminal element is removed from the roads.
I don't know, but I bet that this latest rider didn't hold a licence either?
This is all a bit ranty but the comments in the news feed are so damaging to us (motorcyclists) as a group that we need to start taking some action. As stated a car kills a motorcyclist on the same road and it's just a tragic accident. The worlds spotlight is on NY at the moment please don't mess it up for the rest of us.

Nelly

I am a fan of the licensing, because I would be "grandfathered in" haha. Otherwise I would be against it as well haha.

Overall from my experience unless you are riding a stolen bike on reported plates, you won't get pulled over.

I know riders without any license who just ride on some expired plates not to arouse any suspicions from the cops.

Carrying uninsured rider coverage on an insurance policy is a must have in my opinion.