S2 front calipers

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello i found a couple of salvaged S2 front calipers for 80 euros in great condition. Its sounds like a good deal but is it worth the price? is there any REAL difference in braking? will they fit my 2006 ? do i need to change the rotors? do they use the same brake pads?

ok let me count uhmmmmm 5 questions in a raw :tard:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
ok let's start... difference in braking i dont know cause mine is the 06 with 2pisotn calipers, some members found an increase in braking perfomance tho.

they will fit the 06 but you will surely have to change the fork legs for either r6 03 version or s2 together with front fender or custom brakets to fit your 06 fender. you would benefit in installing ss brake lines as well.

no you do not need to change the rotors but brake pads yes because they are different if i recall correctly.

hope this helps...but you will surely need to spend much more than the 80 euros the calipers are worth to make them work:rolleyes: for 80 euro the calipers sound a good deal to me

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
i see, ok im not gonna get em then. i dont want to change any other part. i thought it might be a remove old, install new, test, ride happy procedure. thanks for the info. ss brake lines are my next mod when i finish what im up to right now : )

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
difference between mounting bolts are:

fz6 S2 2008.... with 4 piston calipers........ 100mm
fz6 S .......... with 2 piston calipers...... 83 mm