S2 Fender on S1 - Possible?

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I blew it, and failed to do my research! As such, I got a blue S2 fender, but trouble is, my FZ is an S1. Seems like it won't even come close to fitting. :banghead:

Anyone managed to shoe-horn an S2 fender into an S1?

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
GTP.. yes he put an 09 fender but from an fz6R which uses the same fender as the 06 just colour coded.

i got an 07 fender and tried to fit it before i got the 07 forks just to see if it fits. the 07 fender seems wider at the rear and wont pass between the 06 forks because they have ribs that make them wider than 07 forks.

i think your best bet is to resell this fender and get an fz6r one.

even if the 07 fits between the forks, the mounting points are different so you would have to fit some kind of brakets.

also the brake lines off the 06 do not fit well on the 07 fender, mine is still on the 06 lines and they are simply hanging mid air and not attached to anything. they are ugly to look at but i dont have funds to change to ss lines at the moment

check this pic out on the far side you can see what im talking about

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My apologies for not doing my research on this sale as well (I typically check the signature to make sure we are all on the same page). At any rate, PM Sent!

crofz

Reaction score
Visit site
It's possible...you need to change the fairing stay as well to S2 model and then is bolt on...only left to do is rewire the instruments from S2 to S1 wires...the member with white pearl FZ6S did this...search though the forum...cheers!

Last edited:

crofz

Reaction score
Visit site
It's possible...you need to change the fairing stay as well to S2 model and then is bolt on...only left to do is rewire the instruments from S2 to S1 wires...the member with white pearl FZ6S did this...search though the forum...cheers!