Royal Enflield coming to Canada!!!!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know if its been in the states for long, but just found out they are coming to Canada!!! YES!!!!

I have wanted one of these for ages, and this will make it easier to eventually buy one. $7,000 for a brand new Bullet. This is the first bike I ever rode and was a passenger for countless hours as a young boy.

Can't wait to ogle them at the bike show coming up this weekend, then eventually buy one even though I can't technically afford to this summer.......(I am getting a $5k bonus for graduating this April, but that really SHOULD be my budget for track riding for the summer).

Yeeeeeehawwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Royal Enfield

Electra%20Deluxe.jpg

Vintage.jpg

Classic.jpg

Military%20jan%2010.jpg

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah this bike has been here for a while.
Here's a review from a native Maryland public tv show (it's like a lame, MD version of Top Gear, lol)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSTK9UfiSSM]YouTube - Royal Enfield on Motorweek TV[/ame]

I really hope you live out your dream and get that bike! :thumbup:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw them at the Calgary show! Not too bad, but no one could tell me where a dealer was. Bikes start around $7000, and there are a few kits that will be available in time.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the dealers are still a work in progress i think. even the website doesnt have info on that yet.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats awesome for the Canadians, we have the Bullet 500 version available in the USA with the front disc brake and I hear now they have a new fuel Injection model as well. I havent ridden the 500cc version as yet. But as a previous Royal Enfield Bullet rider(350 cc version)owner all I can say that its absolutely a BLAST FROM THE PAST!!! Enjoy the ride :rockon:

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Gotta warn you that kick start if done incorrectly can give you a nasty kickback/recall lol and yes I do know it has the electric start but heck who would give up the chance of starting a Vintage without a good old kick ;)

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh no doubt, gotta kick start it. i still have to figure out my financial situation i might have to put off buying it for a while, but least now its readily available here and it will have full dealer support for parts etc etc.

makes finally owning one much more realistic. i'd toyed with the idea of importing one before, but that was too much bother.

but I miss the feeling I had on the back of that thing. putting along the countryside or even down paved roads in india.....man it was great. always the highlight of the vacations there growing up.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
but I miss the feeling I had on the back of that thing. putting along the countryside or even down paved roads in india.....man it was great. always the highlight of the vacations there growing up.

The Bullet is the dual sport bike of rural India. It can be fixed by any corner lil repair shop and parts can be found in remote villages and thats what made the bike such a hit over there. I actually had a friend who had a 1977 restored and all I can say is wow. Heres a pic of a fancy styled bullet 500:thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder how much stuff you can load onto the back of a bullet? I am talking like a tent, and tons of other supporting gear. Ive never seen one with hard luggage and its not really setup for a mounting bracket of any sort.

I have been wanting to get a full fledged adventure bike too at some point and have no qualms about taking a Bullet down a dirt road riddled with potholes, crowded with overgrown shrubs, and muddied by water. I think it would be enjoyable to take a Bullet around north america and really see the out of reach places.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder how much stuff you can load onto the back of a bullet? I am talking like a tent, and tons of other supporting gear. Ive never seen one with hard luggage and its not really setup for a mounting bracket of any sort.

I have been wanting to get a full fledged adventure bike too at some point and have no qualms about taking a Bullet down a dirt road riddled with potholes, crowded with overgrown shrubs, and muddied by water. I think it would be enjoyable to take a Bullet around north america and really see the out of reach places.

Talk about loading a bike here's an example :D

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the last one with the matte finish. Nostalgia is an interesting thing -- though I don't get too nostalgic about drum brakes on bikes!

This is a bit of a tangent, but a friend of mine just came into a 1943 royal enfield bicycle. He posted a question about the bike on the interwebs and his story got picked up by a Royal Enfield blog site.