Roommate Rant

Ppl are loosing their jobs, ppl are dying in tsunamis and massive earth quakes, ppl get arrested for crimes they committed 30 years ago... trust me bro, getting upset over a can of soda is not worth it... put things into perspective, give your roommate a hug and tell him you're glad he is your friend.

Yes, it's petty, but it's an annoyance. We can sit here all day long and tell people,"others have it worse than you.....blah blah blah" I personally get tired of hearing that. This was a simple rant, it's not like he was talking about kicking him out or ending their friendship. I completely understand the OP's frustration. Some people need to be taught a lesson! I don't care how minut (sp?) it is, it's the principle of it. It was bought for him and the roomate needs to have some respect.....IMO

EDIT: "ppl get arrested for crimes they committed 30 years ago" <<<<< AND what's the point of this? That's their own fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe get a small personal fridge for your room, place your Arnold Palmers in there, lock your room and you're ready to go!:D

Yes, it's petty, but it's an annoyance. We can sit here all day long and tell people,"others have it worse than you.....blah blah blah" I personally get tired of hearing that. This was a simple rant, it's not like he was talking about kicking him out or ending their friendship. I completely understand the OP's frustration. Some people need to be taught a lesson! I don't care how minut (sp?) it is, it's the principle of it. It was bought for him and the roomate needs to have some respect.....IMO

EDIT: "ppl get arrested for crimes they committed 30 years ago" <<<<< AND what's the point of this? That's their own fault.

Hey, I was just trying to give the OP a different perspective.... if you get so upset for a can of soda, and while you are "really busy with school, internships, lack of sleep, handful of a girlfriend...etc..." but still manage to find the time to write a 2 page essay on an internet motorcycle forum about a can of soda your friend took from you, I think you need a reality check because if that's the biggest problem in your life, you're in good shape!

Plus I hate ppl who complain for petty sh*t... plus it's the internet and I can give my opinion...

About the "crime committed 30 years ago" comment, that was supposed to be sarcastic... sorry if it was not obvious.

Last edited:
If your parents got on your nerves once, or your wife, would you just dump them or get rid of them out of your life? No, because they are important people to you.

My friend and girlfriend are important to me, I just got irritated at my friend, and I posted a rant about it on here and feel better.

I don't see how you had anything good to say in your post at all. I think you have a bad attitude with your comment and would hope you would reconsider posting anything at all next time unless you have a personal story or anything constructive to say. Yea, when it comes down to it, life's a bitch, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about how we feel about it.

Hey man you asked for our opinions and you got mine.

Now if you want my 2 ex wives opinions about what I would do, I will get them to get in touch.

You have got all these opinions on here and what will you do with them......nada.

Steve

Come on dude I love those things too but I never would do something like that over one of them. I had a roomate that lived with me and my wife for a while and never had any complaints. The only arguments we ever got in are just what I think happened here. You were already pissed about something else. You know what you should do, buy him one and go home this afternoon and give it to him for thinking such things because of a drink. And maybe even tell him what you were thinking.

Thinking what things? It just made me pissed, because it was mine, and he took it.

I ranted, I'm over it now.

Ppl are loosing their jobs, ppl are dying in tsunamis and massive earth quakes, ppl get arrested for crimes they committed 30 years ago... trust me bro, getting upset over a can of soda is not worth it... put things into perspective, give your roommate a hug and tell him you're glad he is your friend.

I didn't compare this to everything that is going on in the world.

It made me angry, I let it out, and I'm over it.

Hey man you asked for our opinions and you got mine.

Now if you want my 2 ex wives opinions about what I would do, I will get them to get in touch.

You have got all these opinions on here and what will you do with them......nada.

Steve

Fair enough I guess. I don't see a need for you to contact your ex's.

Hey, I was just trying to give the OP a different perspective.... if you get so upset for a can of soda, and while you are "really busy with school, internships, lack of sleep, handful of a girlfriend...etc..." but still manage to find the time to write a 2 page essay on an internet motorcycle forum about a can of soda your friend took from you, I think you need a reality check because if that's the biggest problem in your life, you're in good shape!

Plus I hate ppl who complain for petty sh*t... plus it's the internet and I can give my opinion...

About the "crime committed 30 years ago" comment, that was supposed to be sarcastic... sorry if it was not obvious.

Two pages? It was hardly a paragraph if you put it all together. I type about 100-110 wpm so what, maybe a couple minutes of typing for the post? And the section of the "internet motorcycle forum" was "The Bar" where members of said forum can write what they want. Sorry this isn't like the Buell forum where you can hardly navigate it.

AND the time I spent writing the post was the time during the day I reserved for myself, only about 5-10 minutes, where I could relax for a few minutes and de-stress, in which I just so happened to plan on drinking my Arnold Palmer, but I couldn't.

And about complaining about petty $hit, it's completely subjective. Like, I don't care that you don't get very much vacation at work. They pay you to be there and to work. If you wanted more time off you could have negotiated a lower salary and possibly more vacation. But, it is something that you care about. Something that was given to me for me to enjoy is something that I care about. So to each his own.

I agree with your post.

It can be petty, but it was sorta like the straw that broke the camels back as far as setting me off.

Thank you for seeing what my post was for what it is, a simple rant. I didn't say I was going to go and kill him or kick him out, I said I was angry and then I said I feel better about it.

Two pages? It was hardly a paragraph if you put it all together. I type about 100-110 wpm so what, maybe a couple minutes of typing for the post? And the section of the "internet motorcycle forum" was "The Bar" where members of said forum can write what they want. Sorry this isn't like the Buell forum where you can hardly navigate it.

AND the time I spent writing the post was the time during the day I reserved for myself, only about 5-10 minutes, where I could relax for a few minutes and de-stress, in which I just so happened to plan on drinking my Arnold Palmer, but I couldn't.

And about complaining about petty $hit, it's completely subjective. Like, I don't care that you don't get very much vacation at work. They pay you to be there and to work. If you wanted more time off you could have negotiated a lower salary and possibly more vacation. But, it is something that you care about. Something that was given to me for me to enjoy is something that I care about. So to each his own.

Thanks for clarifying Dako :) Where did I create a thread to complain about my vacation time? :Flip: I don't think you'll find a lot of threads I created to complain about anything... unless it is specifically related to motorcycles... I am sure 100% that I never created a thread to complain about a can of soda though hehehe

My original post was not meant to be rude or anything (I simply recommended that you let it go... as opposed to trying to seek revenge like a lot of other ppl recommended)... then I guess I was a bit rude responding to Janette's post... of course all the women on here will agree with your rant... that's what women do all day long... they rant to their girlfriends about every single petty thing they can think of and about how rough their lives are :rof:

Ok I'll shut up now before I piss more ppl off... :cheer:

then I guess I was a bit rude responding to Janette's post... of course all the women on here will agree with your rant... that's what women do all day long... they rant to their girlfriends about every single petty thing they can think of and about how rough their lives are :rof:

David, you're just being a jerk now.

You need to not lump ME into a certain category. I don't appreciate that.

Lol! You said your roomy rides a Gixxer....buy a can of Nos energy drink, take it home, chuck it to him, and say, hey, i bought this great fuel additive, will make your Gixxer go like the wind....all you have to do is pour it into your gas tank next time you fill up....works wonders!

Then just sit back and snigger when his bike wont start!!!

If he is stupid enough to fall for it, i bet he wont ever steal a drink again!

But seriously, it just sounds like this guy is getting on your nerves period, and the "drink incident" was just "the straw that broke the camel's back"

I would just tell him as a friend to pull his head out of his A, and to be a bit more considerate...if he reacts like a douche...you will know what to do next....Get his toothbrush, and do evil things with it! :eek:

Hope things improve at home, and smile, it dont cost a thing.

:thumbup:

Lol! You said your roomy rides a Gixxer....buy a can of Nos energy drink, take it home, chuck it to him, and say, hey, i bought this great fuel additive, will make your Gixxer go like the wind....all you have to do is pour it into your gas tank next time you fill up....works wonders!

Or, buy a bottle of NOS fuel additive and put it in the fridge.

Then just sit back and snigger when his bike wont start!!!

If he is stupid enough to fall for it, i bet he wont ever steal a drink again!

But seriously, it just sounds like this guy is getting on your nerves period, and the "drink incident" was just "the straw that broke the camel's back"

I would just tell him as a friend to pull his head out of his A, and to be a bit more considerate...if he reacts like a douche...you will know what to do next....Get his toothbrush, and do evil things with it! :eek:

Hope things improve at home, and smile, it dont cost a thing.

:thumbup:

That must have been from someone else's thread. But he does have a GS500.

Thanks

Thanks for clarifying Dako :) Where did I create a thread to complain about my vacation time? :Flip: I don't think you'll find a lot of threads I created to complain about anything... unless it is specifically related to motorcycles... I am sure 100% that I never created a thread to complain about a can of soda though hehehe

My original post was not meant to be rude or anything (I simply recommended that you let it go... as opposed to trying to seek revenge like a lot of other ppl recommended)... then I guess I was a bit rude responding to Janette's post... of course all the women on here will agree with your rant... that's what women do all day long... they rant to their girlfriends about every single petty thing they can think of and about how rough their lives are :rof:

Ok I'll shut up now before I piss more ppl off... :cheer:

You mentioned it in a thread.

I'm not sure where you get off having such a broad sweeping statement about all of the women on here. Would you tell that to your wifes face? How about your daughter?

And I don't appreciate what you are insinuating about me being a nit picky woman. You're not fooling me. Climb down off your horse and play nice. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it.

At the end of the day you don`t need to tell us these things you just have to tell them whats on your mind or nothing will change.

I hope you get it sorted.

Steve

Alright Dako, Janette (our forum administrator) did not like my comment about "women" above, and then she told me you sent her a PM to let her know your feelings are hurt and you feel insulted by my other thread (I am not sure why, the situation with the R6 in my other thread is 100% true, and I am not sure where I broke the rules... but anyway), so she closed my thread.

I just want to make sure you are OK. I know you are under a lot of stress lately, so I don't want you to do anything stupid ok?

Let me know if apologies from me would make you feel better, or whatever I can do to make you feel better before the weekend (my wkd is already shot now...).

Cheers bro!

Alright Dako, Janette (our forum administrator) did not like my comment about "women" above, and then she told me you sent her a PM to let her know your feelings are hurt and you feel insulted by my other thread (I am not sure why, the situation with the R6 in my other thread is 100% true, and I am not sure where I broke the rules... but anyway), so she closed my thread.

I just want to make sure you are OK. I know you are under a lot of stress lately, so I don't want you to do anything stupid ok?

Let me know if apologies from me would make you feel better, or whatever I can do to make you feel better before the weekend (my wkd is already shot now...).

Cheers bro!

She closed your thread before I ever said anything, she did it of her own authority, it had nothing to do with anything I said. I didn't even get out of work and get home until long after it was closed and I have no access to forums or social networking sites at work. I just told her I was offended that you would make that thread, and you must have done it because I struck a nerve with the question I openly asked you about something you openly posted. Then I asked her opinion on it, which she obviously had a viewpoint because she closed it.

You never answered if you would tell your wife to her face that "what women do all day long... they rant to their girlfriends about every single petty thing they can think of and about how rough their lives are".

You comment about me being ok, and saying you don't want me to do anything stupid, is a diversion. You're attempting to take attention away from the nature of your posts by pandering to the notion that I am not mentally well, attempting to impact the emotions of other readers in a way which would make you look like a great caring guy, and me like a psychopath or someone with borderline personality disorder. Politicians do it similarly all the time when they mess up or get found out, to get the heat off of themselves and get people thinking about something different. Sociology and psychology. There's really no need for suggestions like that here. You're only fooling yourself.

Back