Rolled over 20,000 today

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Miles! Didn't feel like taking a picture - most of you have seen that already. That's about 7k miles I've put on her in 11 months in a place where winter makes up about half of them.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
7k in 6 months in the mid west. Nice!

Did you run up to red line in a few gears to celebrate?

Nah - but I took her pretty low in a couple corners on mile 19999 - She's getting a present this weekend (assuming the pieces come!) - weight loss surgery and a deeper sounding (hopefully not raspy, though for around 30 bucks I don't have a ton of faith) fartbox!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Just rolled 18K on my 06. Having a 6 mile commute and a Victory Cruiser for bike trips really minimizes my mileage on old Mantis.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You Californians and your seasons.

You really can't blame it on the weather, the amount of miles you put on is up to you, some are more hardcore riders than others. I understand ice and snow is an issue, especially in Cleveland. But if it's just cold, or wet, I have no problem riding. If it's snow, I look forward to riding with my studded tires. .Winter time in Boise isn't California Weather either, but I still rode in 0 degree temps. Heated gear and waterproof rain gear would be recommended.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
You really can't blame it on the weather, the amount of miles you put on is up to you, some are more hardcore riders than others. I understand ice and snow is an issue, especially in Cleveland. But if it's just cold, or wet, I have no problem riding. If it's snow, I look forward to riding with my studded tires. .Winter time in Boise isn't California Weather either, but I still rode in 0 degree temps. Heated gear and waterproof rain gear would be recommended.

Point taken - I got out a handful of times this winter. Studded tires would be awesome to have then, as would heated gear etc. But when my cage has leather heated seats and all wheel drive, it makes it really easy to leave my bike in the garage.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Point taken - I got out a handful of times this winter. Studded tires would be awesome to have then, as would heated gear etc. But when my cage has leather heated seats and all wheel drive, it makes it really easy to leave my bike in the garage.

I have to agree, sure I could stud tires and try to drive through 5ft snowdrifts but I have a 4wd truck that does it better. And although I just sold my Ski-Doo Summit 550, it helped in forgetting the FZ6 on those beautiful 30 degree days.

Oh I'm at 19300 miles should be rolling over 20k in about two weeks.