Rim ... looking dicey

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So after the bike being parked for a while my front rim looks dicey. almost like the finish is coming off. Once i find my camera i will get some pictures up but until then can a rim for lack of a better word ... rot.

Cant really ride right now cause its cold alread but wondering if i need to replace the rim.

thanks in advance

nice to be back in Canada but cold

brucey

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if it could have been from brake fluid, this stuff will destroy the finish on a rim, a gas tank, or any finished surface. Check the front brake lines, see if they are leaking. Have you recently changed your brake fluid? It is so easy to have a few drops of it land on your rim. Anyways, check this out because you don't want moisture to get into your brake fluid - causes big trouble - my own sad experience! If brake fluid dripping on the rim is the case, it's just cosmetic. Don't put your bike away for the winter if you have a cracked brake line, fix it now - you can't let moisture get in there.
Anyways, you're not a riders fan are you?

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well it has been parked for a while could be a brake line cracked, guess i will have a look tomorrow.

And no not a rider fan