Right air pressure for me?

rger8

Reaction score
Visit site
I just snagged a pair of the old single compound Michelin Pilot Powers for my 06 FZ6. I just cruise with this bike primarily. I see they both say 42 PSI cold.

My main mission is to make these babys last awhile. I decided to try running them at 40 psi front and rear. Again, not road racing here but I also don't want them so hard they don't stick well.

Any thoughts with my aim in mind? Not sure if I should go a bit lower.

PS- These tire feels really nice compared to the stock Dunlops, so far anyway. Turn much eaiser.

Thanks!

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
max is 36 front 42 rear.
do that if you're a fatty, doing a lot of hwy miles, riding 2-up, and/or have luggage.

otherwise do 33 front 36 rear

when i ride with no luggage, no passenger, back roads in the rain, I can feel a difference between 33/36 and 36/42. i don't have as much traction with 36/42.

if you are just cruising and are worried about tread wear, the michelin pilot road 2 are good. not sure about the pr 3.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with OMG.. Since I'm a little heavier, and it's an old habit, I typically run 35f and 38r... Pretty much all the time..
And I run PR2's... I think the only big difference with the 3's are the extra rain grooves..

Last edited: