Rhino barend weights for bar end mirrors thumbs down!

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I went and bought Rhino barend weights for end mirrors. I give them a thumbs down. The weights are not even as heavy the stock barend weights. I haven't weighed them for exact measurements. But clearly there not as heavy. My goal was to put FZ1bars with barend mirrors. The threading matches the stock handle bars. But if the stock barend weights are the same part# as the FZ1 as to the FZ6. The tear down seems kind of pointless.

Question; Does anybody know a mirror barend weight the same or heavier to the stock barends?

I just don't see the point on putting Barends lighter than what was originally Yamaha engineered for the bikes. On the other hand I haven't taken in account for the weight in the barend mirrors. However the weight in the in the mirrors will be more of a offset weight, rather than be somewhat evenly distributed Weight within the barend weight.

I'm about ready to pack it up return everything and get the Rizoma bars that have a rise, and then try out the Motovation barends, with barend mirrors.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can guarantee you will feel more vibration with any aluminum bar vs steel, regardless of the weight of bar ends.
Why not just use FZ1 bar + stock bar ends and more controls and grips inboard 1/4" to make room for bar end mirrors?
That's how I ran mine.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to be short or anything. Can you elaborate a little more, Erci?

Your input would be appreciated. After seeing the rhinos...I definitely would rather go stock.

Hold the phone I think we got this one... My little project might not be botched after all. Just had to think about this a little bit.

All just have to see if the mirrors I ordered still will work.

thanks Erci you the man!

Last edited:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Buy a tube of silicone caulk and fill the cavity in the handlebar with it.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll go with the stockie bar ends mated with the double ply Progrips/719's and see where I am at. I haven't really read to much / if any about vibration coming through the stock FZ1 bars with stock barends on the FZ6. Or am I opening a can of worms? Will see. Thanks for the contribution, very appreciated.

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the Fz1 bar with stock bar ends for about a year and just ordered the rhinos. I only have the clutch side installed right now as the throttle side seized my Rizoma grip. Steffen over at rhino is actually fabricating some spacers for me as we speak. That guy is great.

I dd go for an hour ride yesterday with both mirrors on and the throttle bar end a little loose, and I can say I did not feel any difference in vibes along the handlebar with the Rhino vs stock setup.

My bike is buzzy all over at any rate, but if there was a difference in the bars, I didn't see it.

The bar end mirrors don't vibrate at all, so the clarity is amazing. I'm also no longer looking at my shoulders and can see so much more of the road.

YMMV, but I'm really happy with the switch.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There will be no diff in vibration from stock back to FZ1 bar with stock bar ends.
I ran mine with bar end mirrors mounted straight to bar ends for 3 seasons .. they never came loose or gave me any trouble.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, Steffen is a good guy to work with. I just unfortunately, didn't want to go less weight than what was provided with stock. But that's just me. Customer service is very down to earth and easy to work with at Rhinomoto. Bar ends went back without a hitch.

Last edited:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I am running the same set up you are describing. I had ordered the rhino moto bar ends to run with FZ1 bars and CRG BEM's. That is exactly what I run right now.

I have not weighed the two, but the rhino moto bar ends seem to be equally as heavy as my stock bar ends. There is almost no vibration at highway speed, and my grips and bars have never felt more comfortable. When you do your swap, replace your grips with a set of Pro Grip's and I bet any difference in weight will be taken care of by a more comfortable grip.