Retro cafe racers

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1inNH Got me to thinking about building a cafe retro race bike. anybody here ever done it. He mentioned looking for a 2 stroker I found this pic this morning...I think it's Very Cool !!

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to build a cafe bike out of a RD 350

Just changed my tires yesterday at a friend's place, and the bike stored next to mine was his old green rd350. Great looking little bike. He said it starts, blows the main fuse, and dies, and he can't figure out why. :shrug:

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i just love the H2 mk-IV 3 cylinder 750 cc 2 stroke ..these things fly

Kawasaki-H2-Mach-IV_resized400X266.jpg

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
Just changed my tires yesterday at a friend's place, and the bike stored next to mine was his old green rd350. Great looking little bike. He said it starts, blows the main fuse, and dies, and he can't figure out why. :shrug:

wow that sucks they are a blast to ride.I would have that sucker apart looking for shorts in twenty minutes

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
He's a crafty old veteran (owns two ducati's, a 75 750SS and an 88 750 Sport, and is proof of the slogan "Ducati: Making mechanics out of riders since 1946") but he can't seem to trace it. And he has his hands full tearing down the 75 and keeping the 88 running.

Back to the OP, BikeEXIF has a good xs650 cafe job up now:

XS650 | Bike EXIF | Classic motorcycles, custom motorcycles and cafe racers

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my next winter project is a 78 cb 750ss, hopeing to get the cash together to do a 849 big bore for it
I stopped to look at an 80 model cb 750 dohc yesterday bout a 1/4 mile up the road from my house.was super clean all original mostly sept for touring add ons and ran great he wanted $1,295 for it... I told the Ol Lady about it and she told me to sell the chopper and get it if I just had to have it.. NO WAY am I selling my Chopper!! so I guess i'll have to do some side work or maybe get lucky and find one cheaper....got the gears spinnin in my head for sure though .. LOL we'll see though...I do have my Birthday coming up in April and i've been a good boy!! :D you got some pics of your 750SS ?

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the cafe racer look. I made a trade to a guy and got two cb750's one is put together but has been sitting in the weather for to long and the other is in a few buckets with a chopper frame. I'm hoping to work on them during my reinegration after deployment. :rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1inNH Got me to thinking about building a cafe retro race bike. anybody here ever done it. He mentioned looking for a 2 stroker I found this pic this morning...I think it's Very Cool !!

The Kwaka in the pic looks extremely cool :cool:

I love it

I would love to do this - you gotta go for it. Plenty of pics so I can get ideas ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I own a retro cafe racer... A ducati 500 pantah! Awesome bike...only thing with cafe racers...is you really only want to ride from cafe to cafe, cause after 100km's in the saddle, you are feeling a little worn out... Old school suspension will bash you about, as will the riding position! But they are awesome fun!!!

And look awesome! Deus in Australia do some pretty cool looking retro cafe racers!

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
^^^yeah i havn't rode my honda in a couple years, but the suspension was rough then.

i'll try to get some pics of it when i get it out of storage, and start working on it