Reassembly fuel system

Eldberg

Reaction score
Visit site
Oops, I removed the tank from my 2004 FZ6 in the autumn and now I can't figure out how the thingies fit together. Please see attached photo.

Thingy #1 comes out of the tank, or rather, the fuel pump.
Thingy #2 is the main fuel hose from tank to motor.
Thingy #3 is some sort of electric connection.

There is also a 3-inch black plastic thingy which I think was used to hold other things together (not in picture).

It seems obvious to me that 1 and 2 should be connected somehow but what about 3? There is an empty white plastic socket of some sort underneath the tank, somewhere between the two electric connections visible here, but the wires on #3 don't reach that far.

Any advice gratefully accepted!

Åke

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Oops, I removed the tank from my 2004 FZ6 in the autumn and now I can't figure out how the thingies fit together. Please see attached photo.

Thingy #1 comes out of the tank, or rather, the fuel pump.
Thingy #2 is the main fuel hose from tank to motor.
Thingy #3 is some sort of electric connection.

There is also a 3-inch black plastic thingy which I think was used to hold other things together (not in picture).

It seems obvious to me that 1 and 2 should be connected somehow but what about 3? There is an empty white plastic socket of some sort underneath the tank, somewhere between the two electric connections visible here, but the wires on #3 don't reach that far.

Any advice gratefully accepted!

Åke

I've extracted some pages from the Service Manual regarding the tank.
This should cover your problem :)
View attachment 40774

If you don't have the Service Manual, just let me know and I'll put it up here as well :)

Grtz,

Degake

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
# 3 plugs into the airbox. I will post a picture later when I pick up my bike.
# 2 plugs into the wiring harness.

Nelly

Eldberg

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks dudes! I was confused by the airbox thingy. Now managed to get it all together and the bike fired up almost immediately. If you ever come to Sweden I'll buy you all a beer.

Åke

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
im getting my plane ticket NOW......free beer is worth it:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: