Rear light wobble

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Since I have got the bike the rear light seems very loose, I realise it may be on rubber mounts but I'm not sure it is right because there is around a 1cm of play in the light both up and down which makes me very unsure. I've spoke to Yamaha and they told me it's supposed to be like that but they don't have me convinced.

Anyone able to clarify this?

Cheers,
Matt.

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Good, I was hoping everyone else's was like this. I thought maybe I was missing a lower mount aside from the 2 upper rubber ones.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I screwed something up when I put on my fender delete kit, glad to hear it is normal.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yes ! Its normal to have a 1cm play, and you guys are right it ain't goin nowhere either. I recently did a tail light changeover to Led and it drove me nuts getting that thing out.:banghead:

Slow

SQUID
Reaction score
Visit site
my friend riding behind me said my rear wheel was visibly wobbling at speeds below 40mph! is this normal too?!

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
One of the guys I ride with mentioned to me that my tail light was wobbling and I wanted to just blow it off thinking it was just the rubber mounts. However, on inspection I found one of the mounting bolts had come out. Moral of the story, check things for missing bolts, then forget about it :Flash: