R1 vs FZ6

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I am VERY aware I am comparing apples to oranges.

Since I have the great pleasure of owning one of each I felt obligated to chime in a tad.

the FZ6- ring its neck to get the power out of it but dang she wakes up in the power band, you can feel when it steps up and the cams come in. Runs out of power at the top of 5th and very little pull in 6th.
suspension: very nimble and flickable and MUCH more comfortable over uneven pavement.
Ergos: Do I really have to say anything?
brakes: responsive and consistent.

the R1- very smooth power band from early on until the limiter. GOBS more torque all thru the band. The front end can be easily powered up thru 3rd and very light into 4th. It never runs out of PULL

Suspension: It may be my many more miles on the FZ but I feel like it handles better. equally flickable at lower speeds and it rides like a damn rock on the highway, bounces alllll over the place.
Ergos: fine if you are actively riding, once you are cruising it gets to be uncomfortable and painful after 30 min.
Brakes: respond better when warm and little fade.

Im sure Erci will have something on the FZ1 vs the R6 soon :rockon:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I am VERY aware I am comparing apples to oranges.

R1- race replica bike.

Fz6- sport tourer

:

Nuff said :)

You could compare an 09 fz6 to a 97 r1 and the differences would still be the same. Now compare a 09 to a 09 with adjustable maps and TC.

I don't see how people say the bikes get uncomfortable. In my opinion the gsxr was more comfortable to ride (albeit if the 6 had a better seat it would be different) I could ride it for hours only stopping to smoke. Maybe because I am long torsode and short legged?

Or maybe because I lift bro LOL :BLAH: jk

Last edited:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a short guy and the r1 is still uncomfortable.
Even at 4 inches shy of 6ft my knees still ache and my manly area just hurts...