Quick question about rim stripes

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 08 Cobalt Blue and I was wondering what color rim stripes would best match the body color. If any one has applied color matching rim stripes to their blue bike can you tell me which one matches best? I can't for the life of me figure out what color stripes to get! The blue stripes I saw look like Yamaha Blue which is not exactly Cobalt Blue.

Thanks,
-Manas.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have a black with red stripes... not the best comparison... but i have seen blue with blue stripes. they look really good... white might actually kick it off a bit... you ahve any other colors? levers?

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a black with red stripes... not the best comparison... but i have seen blue with blue stripes. they look really good... white might actually kick it off a bit... you ahve any other colors? levers?

Do you have any other red on the bike? I have a black FZ and wanted to do rim stripes but I am not sure about the color. I was woried since there is nothing but black on the bike, a colored stripe would look out of place. Can you post a pic if you get a chance?

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
only other red is on the ASV levers

DSC06165.jpg

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site

I have been trying to cut down the silver trim on the bike. My levers are black, black radiator guards as well. So the bike is cobalt blue and black, with a smattering of silver here and there which I want to remove. All the pictures of stripes I see at the sellers have them on Suzuki's and R1/6's which come in Yamaha Blue and those stripes look nice on them. Just not sure how it will look on the Cobalt Blue.

Ok, any other suggestions for colors then?

-Manas.

Last edited:

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Come on guys...those of you who have a Cobalt Blue and have put rim stripes on, what color did you get? Or help me pick a color anyways!

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I have been trying to cut down the silver trim on the bike. My levers are black, black radiator guards as well. So the bike is cobalt blue and black, with a smattering of silver here and there which I want to remove. All the pictures of stripes I see at the sellers have them on Suzuki's and R1/6's which come in Yamaha Blue and those stripes look nice on them. Just not sure how it will look on the Cobalt Blue.

Ok, any other suggestions for colors then?

-Manas.

You could get the black ones that reflect silver. Sort of 'anti-stripes'

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
You could get the black ones that reflect silver. Sort of 'anti-stripes'

Yeah I thought of doing the black ones, but I really like the colored stripes. I'll go the black stripes way if I can't find color matching stripes.

mattstrat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I've been thinking about getting some wheel stripes too, same colour bike.

Here's an ebay store I just found:

WHEEL STRIPES RIM TAPE DECAL FOR YAMAHA FZ6 FZ1 FZ1000:eBay Motors (item 280365083162 end time Jul-29-09 14:11:09 PDT)

To me the dark blue (3rd from the right in top row of pics) looks to be a good match. There is also chrome blue but I didnt see a pic so :don'tknow::don'tknow: may be a little shinier than you would want.

I haven't ordered from them or anything, so I can't comment on what they look like in person...

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a quick photoshop of a Cobalt FZ6 with the Yamaha Blue stripes on it... too light IMHO but you may like it!

Hey Master Jedi,

Thanks for the 'shop. So you have an 08 Yamaha Blue FZ? I thought the only colors offered in 08 were Raven and Cobalt Blue :confused:

Did they have more color options in the UK?

-Manas.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I've been thinking about getting some wheel stripes too, same colour bike.

Here's an ebay store I just found:

WHEEL STRIPES RIM TAPE DECAL FOR YAMAHA FZ6 FZ1 FZ1000:eBay Motors (item 280365083162 end time Jul-29-09 14:11:09 PDT)

To me the dark blue (3rd from the right in top row of pics) looks to be a good match. There is also chrome blue but I didnt see a pic so :don'tknow::don'tknow: may be a little shinier than you would want.

I haven't ordered from them or anything, so I can't comment on what they look like in person...

Yeah, too shiny for my taste. I'm thinking of just going ahead and ordering a closest match that I find. Can't go wrong in the 10-15 bucks that they charge for a set right?

-Manas.

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Master Jedi,

Thanks for the 'shop. So you have an 08 Yamaha Blue FZ? I thought the only colors offered in 08 were Raven and Cobalt Blue :confused:

Did they have more color options in the UK?

-Manas.

In the UK we could get Yamaha Blue and silver in the 08s, we couldn't get Raven or Cobalt till 09.

And it's my girlfriends bike, mine is a lot smaller in size and cc :)

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i'd probably go for some flourescent blue ones, as long as the colour is fairly close it shouldn't matter too much