Quick cover question

txlyman

Reaction score
Visit site
Excuse my noob question. I want to paint the silver covers on the oil cooler? Radiator? Idk lol it looks like i can just take them off without it causing me to leak anything. Is this correct? I dont wanna breAk the torque without being sure:rockon:

Last edited:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
...I want to paint the silver covers on the oil cooler? Radiator? Idk lol it looks like i can just take them off without it causing me to leak anything. Is this correct? I dont wanna breAk the torque without being sure:rockon:

You are referring to item no. 17 in the diagram below, correct? If so, yes, you can take them off with no problem. Some members have removed them permanently, others have taken them off and either painted or powder coated them black or to match their bike color.

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Feel free to take them off to paint/powder-coat. They are just held on there by two Phillips screws. I just spray painted mine flat black and they turned out pretty well.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess that is one advantage of having an S2 model - the radiator side covers are already black :)

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, yeah, allen bolts would be correct. Not sure why I was thinking they were phillips. I just hand tightened mine when I put them back on, and so far everything is still there :)

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
My S2 (in Australia) had silver ones. Allen head bolts come right out. Painted them black - looks heaps better.

WARNING - After I painstakingly prepped, undercoat, topcoat, sand, coat, sand, coat, clear coat, etc, etc... The bolts vibrated out. Had to buy a second hand one from a member here. Use a bit of lock tight!