Question concerning SS Brake lines (HEL)

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
check here please

I was checking those brake lines out, and I wanted the HEL "Stealth" kit. However they got some listed for "FZ6", "FZ6 (faired)", "FZ6 over fender", "FZ6 over fender (faired)" So...my having a US 2008 FZ6, which ones do I get? (guessing faired assuming the regular FZ6 they listed is other countries naked? I dunno) And what does over fender mean?

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about the difference between "faired" and non-faired, but over-the-fender refers to the factory style hose - a single hose from master cylinder to one caliper and a second hose continuing over the fender to the other. HELs alternate style is two individual hoses from the master cylinder directly to each caliper.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe faired and unfaired is just the naked vs. half fairing. Over fender is single line to right side, then a sub line to left. I believe the double line provides better breaking.

huxy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hux's Bike Blog: Putting the brakes on

and

Hux's Bike Blog: But I've still......got the blues..... for my bike

This is HEL brake lines on a faired FZ6 with words and pictures when I fitted mine.

Make sure you get some P-clips and hose separators at the same time or you end up fitting the lines and then not being able to pin them in place. Cable ties are your friend as you do the routing.

You'll notice the difference straight away. Two fingers on the brake lever is the norm now as they are nice and sharp.

Enjoy :)