Question about FZ6n Mirrors

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I was hoping that someone with a naked FZ6 (factory not conversion) could explain or post pictures of how the mirrors mount on your bike. I'm really not happy with how mine are setup currently. I'm using generic bar clamps which force me to scoot the levers wide leaving almost no room on my handlebars for anything else (it's cold here and I want to mount hand guards).

I'm guessing that the not-available-in-north-america naked fz6 has mirror mounts built into the levers somehow. If so I might just have to order myself a set from across the pond. Or if anyone can suggest another solution (not bar ends) which take up little to no space on the bars that would be very helpful. Thanks guys.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Best I could find...

1807d1200928521-s2-rev-counter-rev3.jpg

7139d1219677353-latest-mods-puppy.jpg

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Much appreciated.

I always thought that nub of metal sticking out of the side of my master cylinder looked suspicious. Maybe I could drill it out and thread it myself (hopefully without cracking the reservoir). Then I'd only have to import one lever (the cheaper one to boot).

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It re threads easily. A "friend" stripped mine trying to change the mirrors for me as a surprise and did not realise that one has a reverse thread. I just re tapped it with a clockwise tap straight through the existing thread worked fine now i can use any mirrors without the need for adaptors