Puppy laid to rest after 12 years

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My puppy Cally of 12 years had to be put down yesterday due to a fast growing tumor. All I can say is she was the most loyal animal I have ever been around and always aimed to please. She's 1/2 miniature tri-color Australian Shepard and was very smart. She smiled often as she spun in circles running through your legs and repeated nearly every time she greeted you (she found it possible to greet you 20 times a day. lol). Funny thing tho, camera shy and it was near impossible to snap a shot of her smiling. Also entertaining was that most people didn't know dogs can smile and some would mistake this "all - teeth" showing as aggression. Nope - just happy to see you!

Anyway she was a great dog and she will be missed as one of the best dogs ever! A sad time indeed. . .
DSC_4797S.jpg

DSC_3911S.jpg

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry Randy. I know how you are feeling.

I lost my second girl since Christmas last month. It still hurts so much. My labradors, Brocky and Senna, meant the world to us.

They are loyal and loving. It sounds like Cally was a very lucky dog to have shared her life with you.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the loss in your family. We loss our 12 year old lab last month and it's been tough for all of us. He was just like your Cally, always happy to see you.

Hang in there.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry to hear. Tough times indeed. Take care.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for your loss. With such a small population, losing ANY Australian is a sore loss indeed!

As I said to Kazza, heal quick and remember the good times. Hopefully you will find another animal to love in the future.

On a side note, my Ridgeback also smiles at me when he's happy! He looks a bit goofy, but I know what he means.

Cheers,
Rick

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh no. There is nothing more than tragic when man's best friend passes. A few years back my Dad and my dog past in the same week. Hey you know what? The series goes on bro. It happens to everybody. My condolences and respects, dude.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear, pets are every bit as much a family member as any one else, know how you feel .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry for your loss Randy.
We've lost 3 of our "family members" over the years and it just never gets easier when one goes..
It seems like we've had a mini rash of losses over the last few months on the forum, I hope we get some relief from such sad happenings for a while. :(

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your kind words and caring thoughts! I appreciate it!
I'll defiantly miss her. It's funny to look back and think how she used those herding instincts on the kids, plus being a friend to all animals. Always keeping the others in line, rating on them when they tried to leave the yard (dog, cats, rabbits) and rating on the kids when they didn't feed her on time. :thumbup:

Then there were the little caged pets my daughter had over the years she'd let them run all over her and should one escape she'd nose them about back to the place they came from not letting them wonder too far. From 3 weeks old when we got her she never chewed a thing that wasn't hers and would take stuff from the other dog (shoes etc) if he chewed and bring them to us.

As for another dog, I'll have to wait a long while as I'd hate to be disappointed with another animal that doesn't measure up - she was a diamond!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for your loss. It's tough loosing a pet. I lost my first dog (a beagle) when he was only about 4 years old to a poisonous snake/drowning. I couldn't find him for a day and let me tell you taking a dog to the vet to be put down is much better than finding your dog's body in the creek. RIP to our departed canine friends.

Do you think you will get another soon? I don't think I could be without man's best friend for long. My current American Bully is the best dog I've ever owned. (EDIT: didn't see your last post). I didn't think another dog could live up to the first but it has and fills that void when you lose a good dog.

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry to hear about Cally. One day I hope you will be ready for another. They do bring such joy to a home.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your kind words and caring thoughts! I appreciate it!
I'll defiantly miss her. It's funny to look back and think how she used those herding instincts on the kids, plus being a friend to all animals. Always keeping the others in line, rating on them when they tried to leave the yard (dog, cats, rabbits) and rating on the kids when they didn't feed her on time. :thumbup:

Then there were the little caged pets my daughter had over the years she'd let them run all over her and should one escape she'd nose them about back to the place they came from not letting them wonder too far. From 3 weeks old when we got her she never chewed a thing that wasn't hers and would take stuff from the other dog (shoes etc) if he chewed and bring them to us.

As for another dog, I'll have to wait a long while as I'd hate to be disappointed with another animal that doesn't measure up - she was a diamond!

Sounds like an awesome dog, I'm sorry for your loss and hope you can find another one that is just as great!