Producing Parts!

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I dont post here much put lurk quite often on all the good info ;)

Anyways besides the point I work at a sheet metal company as an Engineer, and I would like to make some parts from my FZ6, I just wanted to see if theres any interest in the community on anything specific.

So give me ideal and lets see how much interest there is in what ever it is! :thumbup:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I need these:

1. Handlebar risers: (Retail price : $70-80)

4054.jpg

2. Steering Damper (A little bit complicated) (Retail price : $300-400)

4079.jpg

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
If I only had a CNC mill I would in a heart beat. Im restricted to sheet metal. Some thing I was thinking is like a chain guard without hugger, I can make a radiator guard, things like that.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
If I only had a CNC mill I would in a heart beat. Im restricted to sheet metal. Some thing I was thinking is like a chain guard without hugger, I can make a radiator guard, things like that.

Yeah, like mini diamond mesh radiator guards would look pretty cool.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another idea: Speedometer bracket for streetfighter conversion! Many of us have made our own, but would be nice to get a professional quality one.

This is what mine looked like before I painted it black:

speedo_bracket.jpg

Last edited:

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
Another idea: Speedometer bracket for streetfighter conversion! Many of us have made our own, but would be nice to get a professional quality one.

This is what mine looked like before I painted it black:

I can make that no problem and powder coat it in either black or silver. My FZ is apart right now, so Ill hop on it right away.

Any preferances on the Angle that speedometer will be mounted? Or any other wants needs out of this part?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can make that no problem and powder coat it in either black or silver. My FZ is apart right now, so Ill hop on it right away.

Any preferances on the Angle that speedometer will be mounted? Or any other wants needs out of this part?

Definitely have to have specific angle, but can't tell you what it should be till I get home to measure it. I was thinking that the part should have a little tab near the mounting point to prevent it from rotating.. just like the OEM plate that normally mounts to that point for cable routing.

Proper angle and alignment would be critical for a clean look for anyone going to dual headlight setup: (see what I mean?)

36138d1307238227-nj-pa-ny-gathering-img_0065.jpg

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely have to have specific angle, but can't tell you what it should be till I get home to measure it. I was thinking that the part should have a little tab near the mounting point to prevent it from rotating.. just like the OEM plate that normally mounts to that point for cable routing.

Proper angle and alignment would be critical for a clean look for anyone going to dual headlight setup: (see what I mean?)

I understand. Unfortunetly I don't have this setup so if you can get me the measurements I can make a prototype for you to fit on your bike and give me feedback on what has to be adjusted. Since were both in NJ itll make it more painless and quicker.

Let me know if you would be interested in this.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I understand. Unfortunetly I don't have this setup so if you can get me the measurements I can make a prototype for you to fit on your bike and give me feedback on what has to be adjusted. Since were both in NJ itll make it more painless and quicker.

Let me know if you would be interested in this.

Definitely would be interested. I'll take more pictures and measurements when I get home.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I dont post here much put lurk quite often on all the good info ;)

Anyways besides the point I work at a sheet metal company as an Engineer, and I would like to make some parts from my FZ6, I just wanted to see if theres any interest in the community on anything specific.

So give me ideal and lets see how much interest there is in what ever it is! :thumbup:
Hello,
Firstly thanks for offering your services Kudos, secondly welcome.
I really like the short number run off's that some of the members have created to enhance our machines.
BD's wiring harness.
LIB's foot rest plates.
They are much more original an unique than mass produced parts.
I would like some caps to block up the swing arm Pivot holes. I would also like some plates to raise my foot rests.

Nelly

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
Firstly thanks for offering your services Kudos, secondly welcome.
I really like the short number run off's that some of the members have created to enhance our machines.
BD's wiring harness.
LIB's foot rest plates.
They are much more original an unique than mass produced parts.
I would like some caps to block up the swing arm Pivot holes. I would also like some plates to raise my foot rests.

Nelly

Thank you Nelly! :)

I will have to look more into block-off plates they would be best off milled and I do not have the machine at my exposure. Plates to raise the footrests on the other hand I know I can make without a problem. As matter of fact I need them myself :D I planted my foot peg into the ground way too many times last week wasnt lucky one, resulted in me sweeping the local roads. :(

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Speedo bracket for sure!!! are you shooting for 06 gauges or 07+ ?

Lots of people lost their speedos because they mounted it too tightly and the vibrations just killed it. I am in the process of doing a 07 speedo conversion and I want to make or buy a bracket that will be safe. I would recommend that in the design stage, you should think about something that will absorb some of the vibrations. I have no experience building stuff but maybe a soft metal plate can be bent from the middle to act like a spring could possibly absorb some vibrations. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Lots of people lost their speedos because they mounted it too tightly and the vibrations just killed it. I am in the process of doing a 07 speedo conversion and I want to make or buy a bracket that will be safe. I would recommend that in the design stage, you should think about something that will absorb some of the vibrations. I have no experience building stuff but maybe a soft metal plate can be bent from the middle to act like a spring which could possibly absorb some vibrations. :thumbup:

Mine's a 07, so if that's what the prototype will be build for.. it'll be 07-09.
Don't know about soft material.. I think speedo will bounce around a lot.
My plate has been very solid after roughly a year of use.. I did double up on the metal though :don'tknow:

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site

Lots of people lost their speedos because they mounted it too tightly and the vibrations just killed it. I am in the process of doing a 07 speedo conversion and I want to make or buy a bracket that will be safe. I would recommend that in the design stage, you should think about something that will absorb some of the vibrations. I have no experience building stuff but maybe a soft metal plate can be bent from the middle to act like a spring which could possibly absorb some vibrations. :thumbup:

I have an 09 myself so It would be for an S2, if theres enough interest I can also make it for the S1. I can make the bracket from any thickness material 22-7 GA steel. I was thnking 13GA (0.090") would do, but we can always step it up to 11GA which is 0.120" or even double up by spot welding and make it nearly 1/4 inch thick.

To fix the vibration, a rubber bushing thats sleaved could always be used.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 09 myself so It would be for an S2, if theres enough interest I can also make it for the S1. I can make the bracket from any thickness material 22-7 GA steel. I was thnking 13GA (0.090") would do, but we can always step it up to 11GA which is 0.120" or even double up by spot welding and make it nearly 1/4 inch thick.

To fix the vibration, a rubber bushing thats sleaved could always be used.

The biggest issue with a speedo bracket is a relatively tiny mounting point. Just one m4 bolt. Don't think rubber bushing would work there.
There's almost certainly a better way to mount it if you have the means to fabricate proper bracket, but most of us went with the easiest approach (since we had to make due with files, Dremels, etc).

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
I would have to see how everything sits so I know where and how the bracket has to be bent/routed. What about stock mouting location with 2 Hex bolts?