Problems (?) with my FZ6N headlight

thrylos

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys

This is my first post in 600riders while i have been reading you for a while now.

I recently bought an FZ6N (2005). I am thrilled with the bike i already did some minor mods (pictures to follow) but recently i discovered a small problem

When i drive at night the low beam points really close to the bike and its really weak. It is practically impossible to drive with a speed over 50km/h.

I found the guide on how to adjust the height of it but i was also looking for something stronger as well. Since my mech knowledges are for the moment a bit limited i was wondering if there is something "plug and play" wise to replace my existing stock bulb. I saw also this morimoto HIDs but i was wondering if its too much trouble for an occasional night riding

Any help appreciated;)

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I would really recommend trying out a high quality bulb before you go though the trouble of going HID etc..

I use an Osram Night Racer plus and am really happy with it. The Philips Vision plus is also a good bulb.

Any bulb like that will have a lot more output than the stock H4 bulb, and will not cost you to much money.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello and welcome. I have the fz1n headlight and I get a decent output with a normal 55w halogen bulb. You might want to verify your bulb and make sure it is 55w and not 35w. You can also try different bulbs as suggested above.

If you want to go one step further but not all the way to a projector: You can get these HID bulbs. They are very bright and they will not blind incoming traffic as the light is shielded properly. They still require a ballast, hence a bit of electrical work to setup but you won't need to open the headlight and the high-low beam is easy to connect. I have these and they are a good compromise.

Last edited:

wangt86

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you might want to do some modifications and go for projectors to work alongside your HIDs. With the projectors you can beam the light properly without it being scattered.