Print your own parts. Shapeways -3D Printing.

FUHL

Reaction score
Visit site

We will be using this for parts at work. Mostly for R&D, but with the new advancements in material they could be real parts. Cost can be cheap or expensive depending on the size and material. I created a simple exhaust tip for my dirt bike and to have it printed in Steel is going to be too expensive. It is $217 in steel, but only $35 in flexible plastic, obviously that won’t work. But it can be done is my point

All you have to do is create a model in a CAD Program of what you want then upload it and then have it printed. If you have a great idea you can also have the website sell it for you and you get a profit.

Shapeways - 3D Printing Service and Marketplace

Materials.
3D Printing Materials: Plastic, Metal, Ceramics and More - Shapeways
Here are some examples in the Mechanical Parts category. Mechanical parts - Shapeways Gadgets

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site

We will be using this for parts at work. Mostly for R&D, but with the new advancements in material they could be real parts. Cost can be cheap or expensive depending on the size and material. I created a simple exhaust tip for my dirt and to have it printed in Steel is going to be too expensive. It is $217 in steel, but only $35 in flexible plastic, obviously that won’t work. But it can be done is my point

All you have to do is create a model in a CAD Program of what you want then upload it and then have it printed. If you have a great idea you can also have the website sell it for you and you get a profit.

Shapeways - 3D Printing Service and Marketplace

Materials.
3D Printing Materials: Plastic, Metal, Ceramics and More - Shapeways
Here are some examples in the Mechanical Parts category. http://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/gadgets/mechanical-parts?li=nav

Which parts do we replace a lot on our motorcycle or in our daily use?
It's a good start to learn CAD designs too.
You can start from Tinkercad | Create 3D digital designs with online CAD
It gives you lessons on basics of CAD designing.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if I should buy a 3d printer...............printer out another 3d printer and sell it to get my money back..................:rolleyes: