price of fuel

Wes_cf

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to all.
I know this will pretty much be a touchy subject where ever you are, but what are you all paying for petrol{gas}. Only reason i'm asking is that it cost me over £15 sirling to fill the tank today of the fz6. I have never payed over £12stirling. Price per litre was £1.10p.:spank:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
2.72 a gallon for unleaded at AM/PM here in Vancouver, WA. It was 2.65 just a week ago for the past few months. If your not familiar with AM/PM, it is just about the cheapest, bottom of the barrel gas around. By cheapest, I mean the worst type of gas.

However, a friend of mine who used to deliver gas, told me that it all comes from the same place, and is what additives are added to the gas that makes the gas different. So Shell, BP, 76, and the others are just about the same.

Sorry to side track......lol

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Just think... our smiles will be even that much bigger this summer when we go buzzing past all the cages on our bikes and passing all the $3.00 a gallon signs :thumbup:

When I started driving ... 1987 ... the price of gas was around .90 cents a gallon, what an increase. I am sure when my son turns 40 he will be saying " I remember when I started driving we still used gasoline."

Last edited:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
That would make it here $8.14 per gallon if it was $1.50 to the pound.Any house's for sale where you are. I'm coming over.....lol

Just to try and put things in perspective..... what range of wages/hour does a factory worker 'see' in your parts?

When my family was stationed in England in the early 1970s, the exchange rate was 2.41 USD to the pound....... The difference in price of fuel was still about 4X between on base and out in town.

Last edited:

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
fuel is still cheaper than milk,beer and bull semen (apparently)

I wouldnt mind paying it so much if it wasnt all govenment duty ,just to pay for their second homes

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Just filled up yesterday at $2.55/gallon. For reference the average income in the area is $35,015 per year.

EDIT: Actually milk is cheaper around here, it typically goes for $2.00/gallon, got some last week for $1.75.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, prices have got totally ridiculous (they have always been stupidly high in the UK compared to lots of other places).

Now why is this posted in the MODS section??? :spank:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Turkey, we use the world's most expensive fuel i guess.

$2.5 per liter
$9.5 per gallon

:(

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to all.
I know this will pretty much be a touchy subject where ever you are, but what are you all paying for petrol{gas}. Only reason i'm asking is that it cost me over £15 sirling to fill the tank today of the fz6. I have never payed over £12stirling. Price per litre was £1.10p.:spank:

Your Avatar says that you're from Ireland. Isn't your currency Euros?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Your Avatar says that you're from Ireland. Isn't your currency Euros?

Northern Ireland.....that's still part of the United Kingdom. The currency in N. Ireland is the Pound, same as Britain.
Gas here in Vancouver, BC, Canada is around $1.10 a litre, which "translates" to about $4.15 (Canadian) a US Gallon, or about $5.00 (Canadian) an Imperial (Brit) gallon. The Canadian dollar is trading at just over .97c American right now, so buying gas in the US (I can see the US from my house :D) is quite a deal these days....almost half price.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Ya know what, I don't even look anymore....beacuse I'm still going to get gas regardless if it's $0.89/L or $3.99/L. Not to mention that it's still MUCH cheaper than taking the car.

Look, we get the shaft on gas and the constant price hikes. I've seen it go up $0.15/L in one night but then take 3+ weeks to come back down. It goes up EVERY long weekend and everyone pisses and moans about it.

During the gas price increases last year, it was on the news every night; people complaining and yelling about it.....as they were filling their cars. Didn't change a thing.

The truth is, eveyone will still fill their tank regardless of the price. Just accept it. Drive up, pop the gas cap, drop your pants and bend over.

Last edited: