Price differences?

FZ6WA

Reaction score
Visit site
When I search what a good price for a 2006 FZ6 is, I always find the threads where people get a year or two old FZ6's for 1k/2k LOWER than I can find an 06 or 07 at this point in time. Am I not looking hard enough? Or is WA really that expensive?

On another note, is a 2006 FZ6 with 10k still an OK buy?

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps what you're seeing is the difference between asking price and the negotiated price.

Consider the '07-09 model for an updated swing-arm, better brakes, analog tach, updated FI map, windshield with aftermarket options.

You'll save at least a few hundred bucks by having an experienced buddy with you.

The stock FZ6 can be hard to get comfortable on (clutch #1), especially as a first bike so very low mileage ones come up fairly frequently. I'm the 3rd owner buying mine with less than 3k miles on it.

It was also the 3rd FZ6 I checked out first hand. Take your time and you'll be able to swoop in on a good deal.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd hold out for an S2 if I had to do it again, for the reasons darius said among others. I'd also love to be able to get some nice V35 cases on Motech racks, not happening with my '04. If you want to settle on the '06, I wouldn't go over $3k for it. Nothing wrong with 10k, just make sure it doesn't need a bunch of work, like tires, chain/sprockets, or serious cosmetic work. I always *love* reading "just has this little massive dent in the tank, no big deal" in ads. :rolleyes:

The PNW market can definitely be limited... it took me a while to find mine, I ended up driving 5 hours to Bend to get it, and it ended up not really being what I wanted, but the price was right. If you're willing to drive and willing to wait, you can find what you want. I'd been bikeless for 6 weeks and was watching Oregon's delightfully long riding season pass me by, and just wanted to get riding again. Not that I'm unhappy with my bike, but I could still kick Farmer's insurance for dragging feet and causing me to miss out on a fast blue '07 3 hours closer to me.

DarkNinja75

Professional Poster
Reaction score
Visit site
Patience pays off. I've seen '06 models listed for $4500 and I picked up my '08 for $4100. The guy's wife made him sell the bike. Searching for more general "motorcycle" searches instead of FZ6 specifically will give you more options for results. I've found bikes for crazy cheap because the description had the bike name spelled wrong (my EX500 was listed as an EZ500). You also have to be diligent. The best deals I've had were from picking up the bike the same day it was posted for sale.

Washington also doesn't have much of a riding season. Thanks to the rain it's not typically a place you'd want to ride, so I'd expect less of a price difference from winter vs summer.

A 2006 with 10k miles comes out to 1400 miles a year, average. That's low enough to be low, but not low enough to worry about it being neglected from lack of use. In other words, if everything else checks out, it should be fine.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Picked an 07 7200 miles 2nd owner and it was listed at 4 I offered 3 guy said ok ;)

Just be patient check out more than 3 bikes don't get attached
It's just a machine fine the cleanest and most taken care off

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, patience and bargaining skills help :thumbup: Also, it depends on the area and when the "riding season" starts. I was looking and researching bikes for at least a month before I found mine. I was also looking in nearby states, too.