Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I got some Prestone 50/50 for $11 at Walmart today.:rockon:

3 gallons of distilled water for $2.70:cheer:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I don't know if it's just marketing hype but a lot of so called experts say not to use regular auto antifreeze in a modern motorcycle. Even Prestone has motorcycle specific antifreeze.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I haven't used car antifreeze in any of my bikes in 20 years.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if it's just marketing hype but a lot of so called experts say not to use regular auto antifreeze in a modern motorcycle. Even Prestone has motorcycle specific antifreeze.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I haven't used car antifreeze in any of my bikes in 20 years.

Ethylene glycol is ethylene glycol. I'm no chemist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a couple years ago. From my research, as long as whatever you buy is silicate, phosphate and borate free, it's safe to use.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Being in DFW, I would run Watter Wetter rather than anti freeze, at least for the summer. That's what I used when I had my bike down in Vegas, it worked better than anti freeze, keeping your engine temps down.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Being in DFW, I would run Watter Wetter rather than anti freeze, at least for the summer. That's what I used when I had my bike down in Vegas, it worked better than anti freeze, keeping your engine temps down.

I just put the anti freeze in last night.:( What are my option???:confused:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've ran Prestone 50/50 for years in my old 04 FJR, old KLR 250-28,000 miles and my current FZ6 (15,300 miles).

Absolutly no issues, idiot proof and super easy.

IMHO, I won't put anything else in my engine as its proven itself (to me at least)...

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
I've used engine ice for two years and it's been great. Runs cool.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I've ran Prestone 50/50 for years in my old 04 FJR, old KLR 250-28,000 miles and my current FZ6 (15,300 miles).

Absolutly no issues, idiot proof and super easy.

IMHO, I won't put anything else in my engine as its proven itself (to me at least)...

Scott, your other post are the reason why I went with the Prestone.:thumbup:

I just did 125 miles, and the temp is 75f in Texas, and the bike stayed in the 170f-180f range at 80mph. With stop and go in north Dallas, I hit 202f while stop for a long time.:thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The only time my fan has ever run was when it was brand new, in the hands of the original/new rider /owner, learning to ride (first bike).

The fan has NEVER kicked on as the temp never got high enought since then, and yes, everything functions fine...This is in SW Florida now, low 90's and unfortunatly, lots of humidity.

Mine was on sale, two for one, at Wally World last time I changed it. Its about due again as well... :Sport: