PR2CT Question

grouzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a quote on new tires, Pilot Road 2's and the shop said there are two choices for the rear 1) solo riding and 2) two up and touring (about $50 diff in price). Are you familiar with two versions of the rear tire?

On a side note, they want $650 for tires and mount/balance. Living in a remote place can suck. Do you know if I purchase on line if shipping is ever included?

D

Dave.TX

Places like Chaparral and Motorcycle Superstore have free shipping, most do. I'm guessing that the price quote is if you bring the bike to them and they remove the wheels, change the tires then reinstall the wheels because that's awfully high if you're just bringing the wheels in already removed from the bike. It's much cheaper if you can remove the wheels yourself and bring them in that way. I'd check with those online places to see if shipping outside the CONUS is free or charged. Alaska may not qualify.

There's two versions of the rear tire because the beefier one is designed for sport touring bikes like the FJR 1300, C1400 and ST1300, larger and heavier bikes. Not sure if you'd benefit by buying the beefier one or not. You could always call a Michelin rep or email Michelin themselves. Ask around first to see if it's beneficial.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shawn

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been getting estimates for the PR3s and most are $736 for tires and install. $650 for the PR2's doesn't seem too bad to me. Oh and the $736 is if I just bring them the wheels. They want another $100 to uninstall\install on the bike.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
You can buy a pair of PR3's for $302 delivered:
http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=33_176_187

picture.php

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
at work so can go get the link for you, but go to compacc.com. I believe it is $258 shipped for a pair