Power Commander 5 Compatability?

MattyA

Reaction score
Visit site
hey People,
Just wanting to know if the powercommander 5 will work on my 08 fz6.
I tried searching it but came up with nothing concrete,
I had a look on the website and if i click the 08 fz6 option it comes up with the PCIII, however when i choose the 09 fz6 option it gives me The PC5.

I thought they were the same bike, the instructions they give tell me look no different from my 08 model.

Thanks in advance.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just sent them an email to find out....waiting......waiting....:cool:

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I have asked them the technition I talked to said that nothing on the bike has changed from 08 to 09 but it is only "made for the 09". In other words the pcv will work on the 08 but power commander does not make them for it. Just order one for the 09 and put it on your bike there just are not that many maps out there for it yet.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have asked them the technition I talked to said that nothing on the bike has changed from 08 to 09 but it is only "made for the 09". In other words the pcv will work on the 08 but power commander does not make them for it. Just order one for the 09 and put it on your bike there just are not that many maps out there for it yet.

You're probably correct but there is a possibility they changed something on the harness and that plug-n-play is the issue?

I'm waiting a reply right now.....still waiting.....

Cliff

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay...I called and the guy told me they just haven't tested it with the 08 FZ6 They've tested it with the 09. He said if the bikes are identical then it should work.

That makes me think that the zero map for the 09 may be different than the 08. He said the PClll is listed for the 08.

So that kind of leaves us in the same place!

Sorry I wasn't more help.

Cliff

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay MattyA here's the email I received from Dynojet.

We are only officially supporting the install of the PC5 on the 09 and newer models. We have only tested the PC5 on 09 models. We have only tested the PC3 on the 08 models and that is the unit we support to put on your bike. We do not support any install of the PC5 on 08 and older bikes. Some units may retrofit back to older years but we are not doing any testing or supporting the install on 08 and older models. Also, if the unit does retrofit back to an earlier model there may not be any compatible predeveloped maps.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
1-800-992-4993

So if the plugs on the 08 and 09 are the same I think you can plug it in and it will run but you'll have to get your bike dyno'd (generally $300+) for a good map. I have the PClll works great!

Cliff