Post your handlebar specs.

Triple

uncomfortably numb
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking for a bar similar to the size and bend of the stock piece, perhaps a little wider (more space for accessories) and with normal, unthreaded open ends to accept both a Bar Snake and expansion-fit bar ends.

I've never bought an aftermarket handlebar and I don't know how to match written dimensions with what I already have. None of my local cycle shops keep handlebars in stock for me to check out in person, either.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking for a bar similar to the size and bend of the stock piece, perhaps a little wider (more space for accessories) and with normal, unthreaded open ends to accept both a Bar Snake and expansion-fit bar ends.

I've never bought an aftermarket handlebar and I don't know how to match written dimensions with what I already have. None of my local cycle shops keep handlebars in stock for me to check out in person, either.

Sift through this, there are specs from various posts on several bars.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/42444-renthal-755-bars-vs-fz1-bars-take-look.html

The search button is your friend - it will take you there! :thumbup:

Triple

uncomfortably numb
Reaction score
Visit site

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You have the FZ6R bars pictured in your last post of the thread. Are the ends completely open? Not just free of threads, but the same inside diameter as the rest of the bar?

Negative on that; "And for whomever i stool the photo from, thanks! . . ."

From my stash I have some Renthal bars, open ends, FZ1 bars and OEM FZ6 bars. Those were in another post and seem to be a good fit here so people can see the difference.

Most often the issue with the ID is from Aluminum VS steel bars. For the most part all steel 7/8" bars will have the same ID. Aluminum will be thicker and have a smaller ID.

Triple

uncomfortably numb
Reaction score
Visit site
From my stash I have some Renthal bars, open ends, FZ1 bars and OEM FZ6 bars. Those were in another post and seem to be a good fit here so people can see the difference.

The Renthal bar looks wider than stock; any issues with cables or wires?

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
If you need more space for mounts and such, you could put FZ6R clamps on your bars and utilize the space where the clamp would normally sit.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i put xjr bars on mine. a bit wider too with more rise, you sit more upright and the front end feels lighter. the only issue i had were the original stock brake lines, they are a bit of a strectch to fit the master cylinder over the bar but cables seem to be ok (even if the throttle is sticking on mine), i ll have a look at it when i finish my other project.

the inside is threaded so it accepts the stock bar ends