Post your FZ6N Pics!

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
53050d1399502498-post-your-fz6n-pics-imag0565-jpg

can you post some high and low beam output in dark...

RobotGabe

Reaction score
Visit site
How's that windshield work out for you? Is it more decorative or does it actually help? Looking at options.

Last edited:

masa6gcs

Reaction score
Visit site
Heres my 2009 with the VS-02 kit.

Great looking bike. Did you have to modify the headlight assembly, wiring much to get the correct fit? Also if you don't mind me asking how much was the kit. Was looking at getting the fz6n kit from parts hard but that is about $700 which seems very steep.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

k20chevy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you! I bought it brand new 2 weeks ago from a dealer who never sold it because someone dropped it in the parking lot only had 230 miles on it! The headlight stay zip ties and there's a metal rod that tucks under the top tree, and bolts to the bottom where the horn is mounted. The headlight is a direct bolt on to the headlight stay. It was $333 shipped from Vishnu ([email protected]). Send him an email and he'll set you up! Yeah don't go that route because this is an easy option. I didn't modify any wiring just crammed the whole harness behind the headlight. Just be very careful on throttle cable routing as it will bind if not perfect! I like the kit but recommend using rubber washers or anything to dampen the vibrations. My tach acts like the engine misfires because how bad my bike vibrates. You have to expect this though when taking parts from other bikes and making them work on yours. I would defiantly recommend this kit from him. The turn signals came from Competition Werkes from their rear fender eliminator kit, just used some big washers and ground down a flat spot to bolt into the fenders on the front for a cleaner look. I did unhook the yellow/blk wire from the old high beam connector and put it in the open spot on the low beam side so if the low beam burns out you can hit the high beam to ride home. As I make more mods I'm more than happy to share what I did to help others.

As far as handling what a HUGE difference! The bike lost an easy 20 pounds, and turns like a lighter weigh bike! Very easy cornering and now it power wheelies in 1st gear. Any questions or if anyone wants more pictures I'll be glad to do so! Thanks Dan!

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
The light is from the eBay kit.

The kit came with the meter cover, but just incase you only want the meter cover the part number is 2D1835590000 .

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
Added a Puig Fly Screen.

That's my favorite too, but it's so damn overpriced - I paid HALF it's price for
a screen that was 3 times it's size when I needed one for my Kawasaki ER6F
(MRA Touring).

I can find screens for bikes like the SV650 for $20 by no-name manufacturers,
but NOTHING under some $170-180 for FZ6 S2.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
That's my favorite too, but it's so damn overpriced - I paid HALF it's price for
a screen that was 3 times it's size when I needed one for my Kawasaki ER6F
(MRA Touring).

I can find screens for bikes like the SV650 for $20 by no-name manufacturers,
but NOTHING under some $170-180 for FZ6 S2.

3 times the size you say? Sound a little big for me, the Puig is almost perfect size. It only cost about $50 more than a universal screen like the Puig Rafale. So it really wasn't that bad.

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
3 times the size you say? Sound a little big for me, the Puig is almost perfect size. It only cost about $50 more than a universal screen like the Puig Rafale. So it really wasn't that bad.

3 times the surface, on a different, faired bike.
It's not comparable like you're imagining probably.

The point was, it's the same material, and it was a lot more of it, and cost
a lot less. FZ6 screens are all small and cost more, I have no idea why.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
3 times the surface, on a different, faired bike.
It's not comparable like you're imagining probably.

The point was, it's the same material, and it was a lot more of it, and cost
a lot less. FZ6 screens are all small and cost more, I have no idea why.

Ah... ER6F, being from the U.S. I thought you meant the naked bike, but you were talking about what we call the "Ninja 650". I had a Puig double bubble on my Ninja 250r, it was around $100 bucks if I remember correctly. So the FZ6 screen was twice the price, but I attribute that to the fact that I had to order it from Europe as no one carries it in the states.

I would say this fly screen is about the same amount of material as my Ninja 250R screen. I do however come with more mounting hardware.

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah... ER6F, being from the U.S. I thought you meant the naked bike, but you were talking about what we call the "Ninja 650". I had a Puig double bubble on my Ninja 250r, it was around $100 bucks if I remember correctly. So the FZ6 screen was twice the price, but I attribute that to the fact that I had to order it from Europe as no one carries it in the states.

I would say this fly screen is about the same amount of material as my Ninja 250R screen. I do however come with more mounting hardware.

That's exactly the price difference we're talking here.
$100 for the 650R, $180-200 for the FZ6 naked, and it's 1/2 to 1/3 the
material. WHY?