Poll: Most significant solution, for abrupt throttle response?

Most significant solution for abrupt throttle response?

• G2 Throttle tamer

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Power Commander

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Reflash the e-prom

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Don't bother, not significant enough

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • Dont waste your money, get a different bike

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other: Please explain

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If someone posted a map for an '08 with decat pipe and said it gave a gradual throttle response from rolling off to on throttle I'd buy a PCV immediately. Especially if that website has them for £200, not £280.

So I ended up paying £280 for the Power Commander 5 and £35 for a decat pipe.

Definatley a noticeable difference! The throttle response isn't as on/off as stock making it easier to brake then accelerate round corners even when riding in the rev range ie 7-8Krpm up. Also changing from first to second is smoother.

Basically the PCV has done what I wanted :thumbup:

In my case, YMMV, I took all the slack out of the throttle cable while still having it snap back to the closed position and went to a 17T front sprocket. Believe it or not, I don't think about abrupt throttle any more. :thumbup:

In my case, YMMV, I took all the slack out of the throttle cable while still having it snap back to the closed position and went to a 17T front sprocket. Believe it or not, I don't think about abrupt throttle any more. :thumbup:

Did you loose much acceleration? I don't like changing gearing for the fear it will put my speedo out of wack

Wholly thread revival!!!!!
US S2 responds nicely to static igniton advance and a fuel fuel controller capable of altering fuel trims from idle on up!
Going a step further is removing all of restrictive exhaust components... as in, S1 header to S2 chassis and deCAT the mid-section....

Cost:
- fuel controller $100 used
- used header $45 shipped
- ignition advance $5.00
- mid-pipe deCAT $6.00
- 2bro cans and Y $450

Obviously labor is a factor if you can't do the work yourself. But it all bolts on.

Bike is very smooth but still not as smooth on rewet as carb!

Back