Plasti Dip

So, bike is all waxed up, with Turtle Spray wax, and had a few rides with her now. So far, so good. Also decided to dip the Exhaust tips:

And after losing my Belly Pan I wasn't happy with the filthy pipes, so I got busy with some metal polish and elbow grease. Before:

After:

I'm not totally happy, and it's becoming hard work, but I won't go into too much detail here. I'll post up further in one of the Polishing Pipes threads.

Should look great. Be sure to post up pics during the process and when done. I'm contemplating white wheels for mine, but not sure on keeping them clean.... Possible Blaze Yellow instead?

Why not dip the rear hugger aswell? When first planning, I thought of dipping the mirrors, hugger, frame, etc, but the matte black is a real close match to the metals/plastics I didn't worry. You really can't tell.

No masking of the logos. Just peel it off when you're done. I sprayed straight over the logos, gas filler, head and tail lights, then peeled off when finished.

Not sure how I missed this - Problem with Blaze is that they fade - I saw the beautiful black and blaze yellow ZX-6 on DYC - so I don't want to compare what I do to that cause I'll come up short for sure. I was also thinking blue instead of red accents, going with bright blue wheels instead.

Rear hugger doesn't have the best paint job on it to begin with, so I'd rather not build plasti on top of that since it'll probably not adhere that well. I'll just sand it down to the base color again and maybe dip from there.

Your cowl looks good.

Yeah, definately have to white undercoat blaze colours first. However, I'm pretty happy with the stealth black at the moment, and don't have a lot of time on my hands to pull off the wheels, so I'll sit on my current colour scheme for a bit:thumbup:

Nice job. I wonder how will the Dip work with the heat on the exhaust. And be careful when filling up the tank with petrol - I've seen gasoline changing Dip into something melting in seconds.

Back